• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Last day of meds for the kids

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Yesterday was the last day of medicating 9 rabbits for EC :D - those 28 days went very quickly :shock:

Bobo did seem to really enjoy his breakfast this morning bless him - I've been dividing his Baytril dose between morning and night as he was getting such a lot (2.7mls daily) and with that and the Levacide which is also foul tasting - I thought it better to reduce the amount of Baytril in each feed. He's been so good though - chomping away at bunny bikkies soaked with meds without an issue:love:

The other buns only had Levacide so that was easier - and once again my dodgy home made bunny bikkies have proved a life saver.

In some ways I will miss my new nightly routine of measuring out different dosages of levacide - and praising buns for eating dodgy bikkies - but I'm sure they won't miss the odd tasting food :lol:

Bobo is better - but I don't think he is clear of EC yet - he does still drink alot but not as much. He is having blood tests on Friday and I believe there are two elements to this - something to do with Titres IgG and IgM - and one of these will now always be positive but they are looking for the other one to be negative...what these Titres actually are I haven't the faintest idea :lol:. I fully expect the result to show he is still positive in both Titres...but we will see and in the meantime he can enjoy normal tasting food :love:

Well done for getting all the meds done for so long.

I hope you get the results you want from the bloods. I would be really interested to hear them too x

good luck with the results.

Doughnut had a relapse last week so she's now on four meds again, I wish I didn't have to give them so I'm happy for you to come round and give them to her :)

Hope your little ones are behaving!

good luck with the results.

Doughnut had a relapse last week so she's now on four meds again, I wish I didn't have to give them so I'm happy for you to come round and give them to her :)

Hope your little ones are behaving!

Oh Doughnut - :cry::cry::cry: - poor little lass :cry:

There is no skill on my medication giving - I took your advice on the weetabix but after some excess cecals I switched to my bunny biscuits - thankfully the buns are wee little piggys and eat anything including mummies dodgy cooking :lol:

It continues to baffle me as why I can happily and easily shove tablets etc down a dogs throat - but cannot for the life of me medicate a rabbit the 'correct' way - so I feel your pain, and wish I was close enough to help (aka...visiting Doughnut :love: :lol:).

I really hope she feels better soon - such a worry monster isn't she bless her.x

Back