• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how long to leave them? quite urgent

iiisecondcreep

Alpha Buck
hi

I have just had to have my girlie bun pts. it was mostly unexpected, we only found out yesterday. Our vet came here so she didn't have the stress of another car trip and could be at home. Her husbun has not taken much interest in her today (which is unusual, they are normally very devoted), the vet left about ten minutes ago and I asked him if he could leave her here so MJ can understand that she has passed and mourn. Atm he is snoozing a few metres away. He has not been over to see her yet.

How long do we leave it before taking her away?

thank you

I'm so sorry you lost your bunny, it's so very hard I know as I've lost two in the last month so sending you (((hugs))).

I really don't know the answer to your question I'm afraid but I'm sure someone will reply soon , I just didn't want to read and run.

You would know best. I dont think it has to be very long. Mottle and Peaches were only together long enough for Peaches to have a sniff.

Its great that the vet came out to your home, we did that for our elderly springer spaniel many years ago.

Last edited:
I'm sorry for your loss of your wee girlie :(
Joey only got to see Noodle in the vets for a few moments - I believe he understood from that. I think you can probably take her body away now

Thanks guys, we are all devastated. He has given her a groom, I think he knows. We're taking her to the vet now.

I'm so sorry for your loss :cry:

If he went over and groomed her, it is a sign of his acceptance that she is no longer in her body.

I wish you a peaceful afternoon and I hope all goes smoothly ((( hugs )))

Thanks guys. We took her to the crematorium this afternoon and collect her tomorrow.

It was a total shock, we got back from holiday last weekend to find she had lost quite a lot of weight. She had an appointment at our own vet, she had lost 20% of her body weight (in less than 3 weeks) and he also found a lump on her side. They were in for blood samples as they both have EC so he was going to get liver/kidney function tested and he also took a sample of the lump. I also asked for pain relief for her so she he gave us metacam. She was a little quieter but there wasn't much difference in her behaviour. That was friday.
Yesterday our other bun had a vet app at the d1ck vet to get his eye pressures checked at 5pm. While there I asked the exotics vet about Temperance. She had a firm feel and found a mass in her abdomen and listened to her chest which didn't sound good. She was admitted immediately for a CT scan. It was 40minute wait for the results so I just waited. The scan showed her lungs were filled with lesions, with very little healthy tissue left. At this point it no longer mattered what the mass in her abdomen was. There was nothing more we could do. The vet gave her a strong pain killer for last night and we were to call our vet this morning, which we did. He last appointment at our own vet had been a few days before we went on holiday, she got a course of antibiotics because she had signs of wetness around her mouth/front legs and had had her teeth checked recently both by our own vet and by another exotics vet at the d1ck vet at the start of september - she has more regular check ups after having a fibrosarcoma in her mouth last year. Sorry if thats all a bit disjointed, I'm a mess.

Obviously I knew from the weightloss something was wrong but I truly never expected this.

MJ, her husbun, has not really moved all afternoon. When they met 2.5yrs ago at Buddies Bunnies it was love at first sight, no bonding required and they have been completely devoted to each other ever since.

It is very quiet in here.

Last edited:
Back