• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet Clem Fandango

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
So we knew we had to get friend for Margaret but wasn't expecting to get one just yet. But I was having a look about and one gave me a good gut feeling.

The Mum was photographed in the house with the babies and they were said to be house rabbits use to cats. Just what we needed.
I got in touch and she seemed very knowledgeable and conscientious. I thought she was a breeder but not your 'typical breeder' so Steve went travelling Saturday to check the situation out. He was under strict instructions to find out how many rabbits there were, what the set ups were like and not to get involved if it was your typical breeder.

I turns out they weren't breeders at all and I actually feel a bit sorry for them. They are a young couple who have just moved from wales to rural norfolk to start a life together. They wanted a large house bunny so got a female yellow conti from a breeder. They were told she was under a year old.
One morning they came down to find she had given birth quite literally on the lounge carpet! Their vet also estimates her to be around 3 years old, which they are gutted about as they feel they have been robbed of years they thought they would have - something I can totally relate to.
The babies have all been seen by an exotics vet which they traveled a 3 hr round trip for as their local vet they didn;t feel was rabbit savvy enough. All the babies other homes were homechecked and us being so far away had to answer a lot of questions. They are keeping a little boy who will be bonded to mum and Mum had already been just been neutered.

So although it really was a bit too soon for us, I didn't feel we could miss this opportunity and Steve returned yesterday with Clem Fandango. Who by my calculation is just 4 days younger than Margaret.

He is being kept well away from Margaret obviously and will do until she gets the all clear and a a bit more. He has been brought up on a diet of Alfalfa hay and timothy hay and seems to be doing really well here despite the long journey.

Lets hope this works out this time and both he and Margaret go on to have a long life together once the time is right.

DSC00952.jpg

DSC00957.jpg

DSC00956.jpg

DSC00955.jpg

DSC00951.jpg

DSC00950.jpg

Awww. Congratulations on the new arrival. Those ears are fab.

I hope Margaret is recovering well and has no long-term issues - did you ever get to the bottom of it?

Not really. The PM of Red didn't give us anything and no others were ill. We can only assume that for some reason Red had a low immune system and a nasty infection spread through his body that he couldn;t fight off. As Margaret was with him and washing him she picked up a mild form. The only symptom she has had is a raised temperature and I saw her sneeze once.

Hello Clem Fandango, I hope you have a lovely life with Margaret you will make a very beautiful couple.

Awwwwww he looks a lot like the late lovely Red Leicester.

I hope the bond goes well for these beauties.

Awww! He is precious! :D Those ears, my goodness! :shock: Don't let him start flapping them or he's going to take off in a good wind! :D
Welcome home, little one. : You have a lovely wifey waiting for you.
((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))) to you, Liz, I hope they make a great pair. :) xxxxxxx

Back