• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone who uses Excel or Science Selective...

FloLo

Alpha Buck
I have just come back from attending a veterinary nursing congress. Whilst there I managed to visit and speak to some of the people at Burgess (Excel) and Supreme Pet Foods (Science Selective). They gave me some info that I thought I'd share - not in any way promoting them but I thought others might be quite interested.

Burgess gave me this fab poster on safe and toxic plants for rabbits! I love the pictures on it as when foraging I don't know what half the plants are!
tumblr_nw47mbvFRM1tirn5fo3_1280.jpg

They are also doing a new food, not sure if it has been released yet, but they seem to have based this new pellet on grass to encourage a more natural diet.
tumblr_nw47mbvFRM1tirn5fo2_1280.jpg

And finally supreme gave me this poster on what products of theirs to feed when, and dietary related problems and how to correct them. You can't see from the picture very well unfortunately.
tumblr_nw47mbvFRM1tirn5fo1_1280.jpg

If anyone wants any photocopies of these I will try to scan them and send them on! Just private message me!
Supreme also gave me a little trial pack of their guinea pig food if anyone wants it? :thumb:

they look informative, I feed science selectives fibafirst, well just one stick in morning, but having weighed my bun last night her weight has dropped so am now going to give her 2 and keep eye on her weight, its normally due to her teeth
I wonder if the new burgess one will be similar in anyway to fibafirst?

I'd be interested in the new Burgess food, will look out for that ! I love that first poster, looks really good, pity they don't sell them !

That is a lovely poster!

My boys get both Excel Junior and Dwarf (12g each) and FibaFirst (3 sticks each)and they seem to be doing very well on it.

Mine are on Excel (half a scoop each at the moment, which is about 13g, as forage is still widely available), sometimes they have a FibaFirst stick too (I've got it in for Winter) which is apparently more exciting than pellets. Grass-based pellet does sound interesting, will see what it's like when it comes out :) Thanks for posting!

This does look like one of those things they do in doctors' surgeries where pharma companies come and talk to you about stuff (I don't think they've realised primary care have little say in the prescribing process), so I have a very important question: did you get a free lunch?!

Mine are now all on rabbit royale muesli having had burgess and science selective and then harringtons.

The first poster looks beautiful.

Thats great info - thankyou - wonder if we emailed them if they would email us copies we could print off ourselves? or maybe post us ones?

I feed science selective but am interested in grass based pellet for sure.

Now - from that picture - does anyone feed butternut to their rabbits?

Thanks for sharing :)

I like the Excel one, but am a bit confused as to why basil is a treat while parsley is in the greens section... I thought all herbs were good for buns :?

Chelle, we haven't tried Butternut Squash on our bun yet but we like it so might give him some next time we have it! What have yours made of it?

Thanks for sharing :)

I like the Excel one, but am a bit confused as to why basil is a treat while parsley is in the greens section... I thought all herbs were good for buns :?

Chelle, we haven't tried Butternut Squash on our bun yet but we like it so might give him some next time we have it! What have yours made of it?

Ive not tried it with them! lol....I thought it would be too starchy but maybe Im wrong...will give it to them next time we have it...raw I presume..

Yeah mine love parsley 7 basil and if anything id reduce the parsley consumption more than basil..mine dont get them often as its too expensive..lol

Ive just bought some "Hay Cookies" from woodlands...all different hays & plants so they are enjoying those...a nice variety of treat as its £5 for 1 kg so looking at winter options for variety.

Can I add my name to the list of people who would *love* a copy of that first poster? If anyone does get hold of Burgess and find a way they'll make it available for download or purchase, I'd love to hear!

Thanks

Ive copied the image and printed it out but the writing is so small. So I emailed burgess asking if we could have one emailed or posted..see what happens!

Thanks Flolo! :)

Back