• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hoss(the boss) U/D Nov 22

AmberNikSee

Alpha Buck
The newest member of our family has arrived! Meet Hoss, our 1y old Californian mix! Hoss was surrendered to our nearest rescue (110 miles) back in March. He was originally purchased to be a (suspected) Easter gift and the recipient didn't want him (poor love) and the buyers didn't intend to keep him either so they found the rescue and dropped him off. He was presented with coccidia which was promptly treated and neutered and put into a Foster. They said he is a sweet and adventurous cuddler that likes people and gets along (and bosses around) dogs.
At the shelter we was let out of his (very spacious) cage when we arrived and he ran around and binkied with the cats!

He was very good in the car ride and even laid down and got comfy!

He mowed down a pile of hay upon arriving after pulling it closer to his carrier. He was apprehensive about coming out but he did and then explored a bit and began using the litter box! (I didn't realize bun poo could be so big!)

Last edited:
Hi Hoss :wave: you are such a handsome boy, so pleased that you've found your forever home. Hope you get the humans trained up to your requirements :lol:

He's lovely! Hello Hoss!

I know what you mean about poo size: Lopsy's were MASSIVE when he was on an almost hay-only diet! Hoss must be a great hay chomper :D

Oh wow he's lovely! I especially love his butt photo :lol:

MORE pics please :thumb:

Update October 13th

As requested here are some more pics!

He is a very relaxed boy! The only thing that he seems to take issue with is my singing/song choices(join the club Hoss!) while I'm sitting in the room with him! He lets the LO pet him and he is very curious and will sniff and nudge everyone. He's still a bit shy but I expected far more skittish so I am pleasantly surprised! In the year and a half I had my last bunny I saw him binky and stretch out all of two or three times towards the end of his (too short) life, but Hoss exceeded that within the first day of being with us. Not to say I didn't understand why everyone talked about the joys of bunny slavedom but Hoss has shown me a whole different side and it is wonderful! He has already brought so much happiness and it's only been a few days!

Last edited:
Oh wow...he is gorgeous! :D
I love the name Hoss for him...that suits beautifully! :D Now I've got the Bonanza theme running in my head though! :lol:

He looks like he's going to be doted on quite a bit there. ;) xxxxxxx

:love:.. He is a beautiful contented boy!!

Definitely happy with you,,,,, lovely to see xxxx

Back