• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When is new turf safe for bunnies.

bunnylover177

Alpha Buck
Just had some gorgeous turf arrive for turfing aviaries and pens. I have unrolled it and hosed it thoroughly. It that enough make it safe for rabbits or do I need to leave it unrolled on my lawn for a few days before carpeting my aviaries with it. Has anyone had problems? Much nicer than b&q turf btw which Contains plastic mesh in the middle which is now exposed after 6 months of bunny eating. I needed to order a minimum of 10 square meters which is the only draw back.

I guess it depends if the turf has been treated with chemicals - herbicides and fertiliser. I'm not sure how long it will take for any residue to go completely

Where did you order from?

When we put down the B&Q stuff we let them on it after two days, tried to give it time to settle and the roots to have half a chance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It came from onlineturf.co.uk . They say wait 10 days to 2 weeks. Another rabbit friend who uses turf regularly says she waters it thoroughly a few times and let's her rabbits on it after 48 hours so I'll probably do something in between.

Back