• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Introducing Brontë Merriweather, 800 grams of pure rabbitude.

Hello, hello.

It's been a while since I've posted here (and I wasn't very noisy to begin with!) but what better excuse to make a new post than introduce a tiny new bunny that's joined our home, Brontë Merriweather. Brontë was surrendered to a guinea pig rescue here in Australia, which is kind of appropriate, sort of, given her size. We adopted her to join our bunny family. She's fully grown, I'm guessing no older than 18 months, but possibly as young as maybe 8 months old. She weighs 800 grams, give or take (she's so tiny, so her weight seems to fluctuate in a more obvious way, but her "standard" weight is about 810-820grams). I'm not sure what breed she is, apart from rescue. :D She's very dainty. She's actually super sweet, kissy and cuddly too, which is a lovely bonus in any sized bun, but a wonderful surprise in such a tiny package. She does thump a lot though, "I demand RESPECT!" *tiny tap* :lol: I guess it's her only way of letting everyone know that just because she's tiny and cute doesn't mean people have the right to treat her like a toy. She's much calmer and more settled than when we first took her in, partly because we let her have her space to approach us on her own terms and she's learnt just because we're reaching to pat her, it doesn't mean we're going to pick her up. (So we do get a lot less thumps than we did in the beginning. Pats: good, being held: thump!) Brontë has just been spayed as of two days ago, and she's recovering well... as am I, I was very nervous waiting for the, "She's awake and okay," phone call!

bronte_2_zpsag02hmyf.jpg

bronte_1_zpsa7wekqin.jpg

bronte_3_zpsuo3i4pr3.jpg

bronte_4_zps414amjcc.jpg

Oh she is a little fairytale bunny girl. I love her name. 800g so teeny. She is so sweet ❤

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone. I was thinking she might be part Polish, they are quite rare in Australia I think. Whatever the case, she's got some very small breeds in her.

Tiny, cute and kissy... well what more can you hope for with a bunny :)
she seems perfect and is super gorgeous :love:

Thank you everyone! :D

@clutterydrawer I spent a long time trying to come up with the right name for her. Brontë just seemed to fit, and my husband came up with her middle name. It makes her seem very whimsical I think.

Back