• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Guineas Rescued..all pics on thread

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
following on from this thread Ange and i went to assess today and it was worse than we thought :(
Not about 100 but I'd say at least 150..maybe much higher
mixed up sexes in hutches and sows that have been constantly bred.
Very sad

Pics..I think the hay had been added just before we went as everywhere was filthy with waste all over the place..look at those bottles :(

you can see one of the partially bald sows here..there were quite a few some much worse. Due to stress and vitamin deficiency I'd guess

We took out 24 and are going back for more on Friday. Have to add huge thanks to Tracy at Rugby as she has been helping us with bunnies and bonding and has now offered to take 11 of these posssibly pregnant sows.
Also thanks to my great regular fosterers Ange, Julia, Jan, Karen and newby Carol

Here are a few of the pigs we got today

Sow now named Jetta Pregnant

young boar Trooper

little sow Meriva

Last edited:
To add there were lots with bites as hutches were so overcrowded. Babies trying to suckle as mums tried to get away from each other..awful :(

This sow is about ready to drop her young..very heavily pregnant. Now named Caprice

Omg!! Those are awful conditions! Poor piggies. Wish I could help but I'm too far away plus I'm allergic to them :cry:

Good luck tonight finding them a nice safe place xx

Poor poor piggies, how can people sleep knowing their animals are in a state like this? I'm far away in Doncaster but I foster for a Guinea pig rescue here so if I can help let me know x

I can't help but look at my own pets and just boggle at the difference in how they are currently kept (can't say how they were kept in the past, being rescues, but hopefully not as badly as this).

Really hope you can get the others out OK and that they all make it. x

and here are some more now with our fosterers

Scenic young sow

Colt 7 month old boar

Minx another sow

Mayflower young girl feels pregnant :(

Last edited:
Tempo young boar

another young boar Zephyr

and another boy Orion

Firebird young sow

Young sow Horizon feels to be pregnant