• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnycam!!!

BexB

New Kit
Today we moved our fluffs back into our house from their mansion in the garden. They're very spoilt and even have their own room. As we have a little escapologist on our hands, or Boo-dini as we call her, I decided that after a year of talking about it that I would get myself a webcam setup so I could keep an eye on them and, well, they're my little babies!!!

Managed to get a fab deal on a pet-cam from Motorola and got to say so far it's amazing! As well as being able to move the camera's POV, it also allows me to talk to the girls, take pictures and, what I think is hilarious, play them melodies to soothe them (apparently)!

Hopefully I'll be able to work out now how Boo always escapes and ends up elsewhere in their room, or how Pippin manages to make such a mess!

Anyone else got one?

99b333dccd4b56ddf8bda96a3be62afc.jpg

I have one but since I got my new Sky broadband I cannot access it it's getting very annoying :censored:

But when it works I can see them in the summer house and run outside ;)

Oh no! Perhaps it needs reconfiguring? It may be trying to connect to an old router or may just need it's software updating. I'm using a Sky hub and haven't had any problems.

So much fun though isn't it!

Is it a wireless cam you have ?

I can see it if I leave the cable in but the summer house is at the bottom of the garden and the wireless won't work

It is - think you can use it via Bluetooth too, but that will only work when you're in close range. I'd give their website a search to see if you can get an update.

Thank you! They really think they do!!

They often demand attention (particularly at 3am...) by thumping until we go down and ask them what is wrong. Nothing is ever the matter, they just want to be set free to explore. Despite having a huge room to themselves. I think they think we're their servants! They are definitely in charge! It's a complete contrast to a year ago when you couldn't even touch then without then freaking out (rescued and had very little human interaction). Now they tell us what to do.

How do you power it from the garden? I have been looking at one but we have no electricity outside. We have solar lighting for the bunny house but I am thinking that a bunny cam would drain this too fast ?

This one is set up inside but would like to put it outside when they go back out. I think I'll run a power extension through to their shed. It runs 24/7, unless you turn it off manually so imagine it would be a drain :(! Maybe check out normal cctv and how that's set up?

Back