• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excel marigold herbage

Julia25

Alpha Buck
Just got some Burgess Excel Dandelion and Marigold Herbage.:D Don't buy often as i find its quite expensive.:lol:

Would you feed this as everyday hay? I was thinking of putting it into one of those veggie balls as like a 'treat' every day but then have her normal meadow hay in her hay rack. :thumb:

Would you use excel hay as everyday hay or treat hay? ;)

i use it as a treat :D

half a handful each bunny they love it :lol:

or sprinkle it in the hay so they have to have a rummage about to get it :thumb: keeps them busy for a short while :lol:

We have the Excel dried garden herbs, order from Amazon, but give them as a supper time treat, a decent pinch or so each and they love it! Get through 5 bags of the stuff every 3 months :lol:

I usually mix about 5-6 different hays together. They have a big back of Timothy hay as the base, then usually two different excel ones (Marigold, Birch, Chamomile or dried forage) , grass and botanical oxbow hay, and then one of the hay feeders only got readigrass in it. and every so often I get them some meadow hay, but not too much as I am allergic to it. They seem happy having things mixed and I noticed some days they are more into one and other days more into another, but they have the option. But the Dandelion and Marigold one is a sure favourite usually. I do love the excel hays, and the oxbow ones, they always seem happy with them. Oh and at night I sprinkle some Natures Touch over their hay, just cause they love it. I am talking a very small handful between the two of them. stops them wanting any other snacks :)

Mine have some every day mixed in. Toffee picks all the marigolds out before his sister spots them :lol:

I give as a treat cause its expensive...i try & pick dandelions and dry them in the airing cupboard and then use those ot sprinkle over the hay...same with the dandelion leaves, rose petals and any other small flower herby foraged bits I can find that are small..chuck them all together when dried..it looks like potpouri! lol

I buy the forages that Jollyes have on special offer. There's usually one or two different types. My buns love the dandelion and marigold, I've been buying the Spanish one that's got 40 herbs and flowers in, Vita Verde. P@H had timothy hay the other week..£9 for 3 packs. I mix it in with the buns farm hay as something to rummage about for.

I bought some timothy hay from B&M .. it has dandelions and marigolds mixed in .. it was £1.99 for a 1kg bag!!! I thought at that price why not!!

Just as a treat. I usually get 1 bag of pellets and 2 Burgess hay through the Healthy Pet Club (Apollo's not a part of it). Their main hay is bought by the bale from an equestrian & pet shop.

Back