• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

First shift as a vet nurse!

FloLo

Alpha Buck
So as most of you know I qualified as a vet nurse in July, and on Sunday I had my first job! I'm currently locuming as more flexible whilst I'm doing my uni degree. It was kinda scary being expected to know things but it was a good shift! Felt good to get back into nursing after a few months :thumb:
And I finally got to wear my green uniform and badge! Don't usually post 'selfies' but I'm so proud of myself...sounds so narcissistic but I really am and hopefully get to help lots of animals! :love:
tumblr_nvswav3uXw1rqxmjho1_540.jpg

So as most of you know I qualified as a vet nurse in July, and on Sunday I had my first job! I'm currently locuming as more flexible whilst I'm doing my uni degree. It was kinda scary being expected to know things but it was a good shift! Felt good to get back into nursing after a few months :thumb:
And I finally got to wear my green uniform and badge! Don't usually post 'selfies' but I'm so proud of myself...sounds so narcissistic but I really am and hopefully get to help lots of animals! :love:

You have every right to be proud of yourself ! Well done for such a fantastic achievement and good luck with your Uni Degree. What Degree are you studying for ? You are obviously super brainy !!

You look really smart!

I'm glad you posted a selfie, as you are naturally very proud of yourself.

Getting ready to pick your brains now ..... ;)

You have every right to be proud of yourself ! Well done for such a fantastic achievement and good luck with your Uni Degree. What Degree are you studying for ? You are obviously super brainy !!

Thank you so much! I'm studying for my BSc in Veterinary Nursing, it's an extra year you can do on top of the standard VN foundation degree. I have to do a research project by myself, which naturally will be on rabbits!

You look really smart!

I'm glad you posted a selfie, as you are naturally very proud of yourself.

Getting ready to pick your brains now ..... ;)

Haha please don't pick my brains! :lol: Pretty sure most people on here are much more experienced with rabbits than me!

Thank you so much! I'm studying for my BSc in Veterinary Nursing, it's an extra year you can do on top of the standard VN foundation degree. I have to do a research project by myself, which naturally will be on rabbits!

Brilliant !! Rabbit Savvy Vet Nurses are a rare species !! Exotic really :lol:

Haha please don't pick my brains! :lol: Pretty sure most people on here are much more experienced with rabbits than me!

Yes but you'll be sailing ahead now, with loads of hands on experience!

Good luck for your degree, as well :thumb:

You've done really well, an excellent job! I hope to do the same!x

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Fabulous!!

Rabbit Savvy vet nurses can make such a difference, our first practice for the girls had a very good vet and a fantastic vet savvy nurse, she pretty much made all the rabbit decisions and the vet agreed lol

Fabulous! Looks like you have the same itchy, sweaty bottle green trousers that I have to wear for work. I wish we could wear shorts in the summer (although my legs would scare people). Good luck with your studies and the rest of your career.

Back