• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Female or gentle male rabbits looking for homes in London/Essex

jazxo

Mama Doe
Hi lovely forum people! I used to use this forum loads but not so much anymore.
I have looked in all of the usual places (rabbit rehome etc) and haven't found any bunnies that have suited me and Frank perfectly. Preferably female but he was bonded with a very gentle submissive male.

I'm in Walthamstow E175LN and willing to travel a little bit

Any help would be appreciated

I have looked in all of the usual places (rabbit rehome etc) and haven't found any bunnies that have suited me and Frank perfectly. Preferably female but he was bonded with a very gentle submissive male.

Hello stranger !

Have you seen Mr Stripey (ARC, Twickenham)

http://www.animalrescueandcare.org.uk/adopt-a-rabbit/

Hi there - I remember you :wave:

I have used GBH (Guineas, Bunnies, hamsters) and found them to be amazingly lovely and helpful.
http://gbhrescue.webs.com

R.S.P.C.A. http://www.rspca.org.uk/local/-/rspca/essex-north-east-branch/ (I work with them!)

... and Cuddly Critters http://cuddlycrittersrehoming.webs.com

I can thoroughly recommend all three of those, and hopefully they won't be too far from you :thumb:

Might be worth getting in touch with Santa on here. I think she has some females looking for homes and is in Essex

Hi there - I remember you :wave:

I have used GBH (Guineas, Bunnies, hamsters) and found them to be amazingly lovely and helpful.
http://gbhrescue.webs.com

R.S.P.C.A. http://www.rspca.org.uk/local/-/rspca/essex-north-east-branch/ (I work with them!)

... and Cuddly Critters http://cuddlycrittersrehoming.webs.com

I can thoroughly recommend all three of those, and hopefully they won't be too far from you :thumb:

Oh my god the nethies at the RSPCA!! I know they are all reserved but if anything falls through PLEASE put a good word in for me. I think I'm in love

Hello! :D
He is absolutely beautiful but so similar to Luna. I recently lost him at only 2 years of age and I think he would remind me too much of him :cry: I will look through the other bunnies there though, thanks so much

Oh no, I am so sorry :cry: Was it related to the problems he had had with the anal prolapse ?

Hello! :D
He is absolutely beautiful but so similar to Luna. I recently lost him at only 2 years of age and I think he would remind me too much of him :cry: I will look through the other bunnies there though, thanks so much

What a shame as he looks and sounds absolutely beautiful.
Good luck in your search - I'm sure you will find the perfect match.

Oh my god the nethies at the RSPCA!! I know they are all reserved but if anything falls through PLEASE put a good word in for me. I think I'm in love

Ah I certainly will :D

It's easy to fall in love with Nethies, isn't it :love:

Oh no, I am so sorry :cry: Was it related to the problems he had had with the anal prolapse ?

His problems went on and on and on. Reoccurring UTIs, three rectal prolapses. He went through so much. He had his last rectal prolapse while I was away, I came back, nursed him through the night for a week and he tried SO hard. He had a CT scan and we discovered no faeces could pass because his rectum was so incredibly inflamed (which we found out on day 3 of no poo). Started him on steroids to at least get the inflammation down and he passed away that night :'( I found him dead next to me in bed, he was sleeping with me :cry: I just wish we started the steroids sooner. Poor boy was in so much pain :cry:

My first ever bun was a nethie and I haven't had one since. Would absolutely love one, especially Harriet and Primrose :love:

His problems went on and on and on. Reoccurring UTIs, three rectal prolapses. He went through so much. He had his last rectal prolapse while I was away, I came back, nursed him through the night for a week and he tried SO hard. He had a CT scan and we discovered no faeces could pass because his rectum was so incredibly inflamed (which we found out on day 3 of no poo). Started him on steroids to at least get the inflammation down and he passed away that night :'( I found him dead next to me in bed, he was sleeping with me :cry: I just wish we started the steroids sooner. Poor boy was in so much pain :cry:

Given that he had had some issues right from the start of his life I doubt that even if the steroids were started sooner it would have led to a different outcome. It seems that he probably had some sort of genetic gut problem. He probably would not have even seen his first Birthday if he was not with you. But he made it past 2 because of your care. A too short life, but a life of love and care that all too many Rabbits never have the chance to experience.

I hope that you will soon be able to locate a suitable companion for Frank and thank you for the PM xx

Given that he had had some issues right from the start of his life I doubt that even if the steroids were started sooner it would have led to a different outcome. It seems that he probably had some sort of genetic gut problem. He probably would not have even seen his first Birthday if he was not with you. But he made it past 2 because of your care. A too short life, but a life of love and care that all too many Rabbits never have the chance to experience.

I hope that you will soon be able to locate a suitable companion for Frank and thank you for the PM xx

Thank you. He was such a happy boy :) x

Rabbit Residence rehomes to London, have you sent an email over to them? A lot of their singles they're trying to get bonded before winter.

Rabbit Residence rehomes to London, have you sent an email over to them? A lot of their singles they're trying to get bonded before winter.

Hi Cat yes I've filled out an application and emailed it back. I really wanted Sabina but she's already bonded :( but good for her :)

Hello. I remember you and your lovely rabbits. How sweet that Luna slept with you ... bless him.

Best of luck finding a friend for Frank. I am trying to rehome my lovely orange lionhead x Peaches (her partner recently died) but I am rather far away from you.

Hi Cat yes I've filled out an application and emailed it back. I really wanted Sabina but she's already bonded :( but good for her :)

Oh that's yoooou! I get so confused between all the different screen names haha! Yes the rescue is trying to get remaining singles bonded before winter so they have a snuggle buddy, so singles aren't hanging around for long.

Back