• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dead animal in pets at home hay

This morning I woke up and gave my rabbits hay and found a dead animal in the pack. I can't tell which animal it was as it was dry and squashed but it had skin and fur.
I got the hay from pets at home
2 weeks ago I got hay in the rabbit pet parcel from them twice and now dead animal in their hay
Will never be using them
Tell everyone to be careful when feeling hay. Double check each handful you feed your animals

If you take the bag back they should change it for you:thumb:

Or if its delivered call them and they should send one out FOC

I once brought some hay from Wilko's that had the leg bone of a Wildie in once.
I was pretty upset at the time, but soon realised it's what can happen with hay.

I found a dead mouse in my burns green oat hay before, it just happens unfortunately :(

I've also found the remains of a mouse in my hay from hay for pets, it sadly may happen.

Thankfully I've never found anything like this - at least not yet - but unfortunately it does happen from time to time. I would get in touch with P@H and tell them, they should at least give you a refund.
I never buy P@H hay anymore anyway as it always smells awful and the bunnies never touch it unless there's nothing else available. I don't know why, their hay just always seems to be awful :?
I have been using the one sold in PampurredPets for years now almost exclusively. My Willow was quite a connoisseur when it came to hay and would only touch the very best :roll: Now the other five are all on it and love it. I mix it up occasionally with special hays but generally buy this. It is usually quite green and very sweet smelling and so far I haven't found anything nasty in it.
http://shop.pampurredpets.com/Fab_Feeding_Hay_Jumbo-M1068

I used to have Bob Martin hay as back up if I ran out - in one pack I found a big mans glove :lol:

I threw the whole pack away - and don't buy Bob Martin anymore...I use Timothyhay.co.uk but have a farm shop that sells lovely meadow hay so always have a big bag of that is back up (I am rubbish at remembering to re-order hay )

I've found frogs and mice in various bags of hay too. It's sad but it's the nature of hay, they can't sort through every strand x

Back