• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

In total shock

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Onslow went for a check up today and will never come home again :(

He wasn't even suppose to see the vet today. But one rabbit we had booked in didn't need to go so I brought his check up forward rather than waste an appointment.

He had breathing problems but was doing better on treatment. He had lost a little weight in the past ten days so the vet wanted to blood test to be on the safe side. We left him there to collect in a couple of hours as we had three needing bloods and a tooth burr.

He was fine and bright, they took the blood, the second it was over Onslow gasped and died :( They tried to resuscitate him but it didn't help.

We are all in shock, the vet and nurse are devastated :(

A PM showed abscesses on his lungs but no real reason why he suddenly went at that point

Onslow has been here longer than any other rabbit. But he was only 7 years old, would have been 8 in December.

I can't believe we won't see him again :(

Oh my! I'm so sorry, sleep tight Onslow :(
I really wonder what bought that on :( Xxxx

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'm so very sorry :cry:

You've not even had time to process what was going on with him.

Rest in Peace Onslow xx

b6a4c75e36ad5bd1a80e736811bef813.jpg

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

What an awful shock. :( I always think sudden deaths are so much worse for us than for them - they are spared so much suffering. Thinking of you x

I'm so sorry. Eli's death came as a real shock too, it made it that bit more difficult to come to terms with :(

I hope you're doing ok.

What a dreadful shock for you, but please console yourself with the fact that he didn't suffer. Binky free little fella :cry:

How awful :cry: I am very sorry :cry: I feel for the poor Vet too, it must have been a horrible experience for him/her :cry:

RIP Onslow xx

How awful :cry: I am very sorry :cry: I feel for the poor Vet too, it must have been a horrible experience for him/her :cry:

RIP Onslow xx

Definitely :( The nurse and vet were both in a right state. We ended up consoling them when we went to collect the other rabbits.

Back