• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just rang a different vet to my normal one..

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
I rang to ask about the vaccine... got told, 'oh yeah... we've got loads, we barely ever see rabbits'. :shock:

Very confidence inspiring! And this is the group that cover the emergency vet service!

Think I'll be avoiding if at all possible...

I rang to ask about the vaccine... got told, 'oh yeah... we've got loads, we barely ever see rabbits'. :shock:

Very confidence inspiring! And this is the group that cover the emergency vet service!

Oh dear !

As your own Vets use them for OOH Services perhaps your own Vets could buy the Vaccine stock from them if they are not going to have much of a need for it ?

This is the constant worry about emergency cover vets. Most people don't think rabbits are worth paying for :shock:

Oh dear !

As your own Vets use them for OOH Services perhaps your own Vets could buy the Vaccine stock from them if they are not going to have much of a need for it ?

What a good idea! My own vet were hopeful they'd have some, and are ringing me the minute they do, but if they don't ring before his due date I'll ring and ask them if they can do that.

This is the constant worry about emergency cover vets. Most people don't think rabbits are worth paying for :shock:

Yes, the emergency cover here is very poor, although luckily my own vet are open evenings and Sundays. I have suggested they open an emergency vet of their own but they haven't yet. It would have to be a real emergency (bleeding to death or something) before I'd let Ludo go to the emergency vet- especially as it's 30 minutes away!

Yes, the emergency cover here is very poor, although luckily my own vet are open evenings and Sundays. I have suggested they open an emergency vet of their own but they haven't yet. It would have to be a real emergency (bleeding to death or something) before I'd let Ludo go to the emergency vet- especially as it's 30 minutes away!

Yes, I sympathise! I am in the same situation :cry:

Yup, emergency vets have been a nightmare for me.So frustrating because as we know bunnies become ill evenings weekends and bank holidays-in my experience anyway;)

Back