• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buns in Pets at home..

kattymieoww

Warren Veteran
Well I was in there buying "harry hamster" food for well ... my hamster.There were two sweet baby buns for sale a gorgeous wee Sandy coloured lion head and a beautiful harlequin uppy eared baby.Now I know some folk don't like that place etc.I no longer have buns due to financial reasons etc.But if I had the money etc i would have snapped them up! I hope they get good homes.

Last time I was in p@h I was on my most hormonal day of the month and upset over a few stupid little things and if a little baby bun had been a girl instead of a boy they would have come home with me :oops: and I don't like buying animals from pet shops and my last few pets have all been rescues, a trend I mean to continue but there is something about actually seeing the little baby bunnies that really calls to us (well me anyway)!!!

Which I why I try to buy all my pet stuff online and avoid seeing their little fluffy faces!

Yep know what you mean about seeing cute rabbits in a pet shop thats how I got Frosty and Snowflake. I swiftly rescued four more and then another two ...

I also try to shop online these days!

That's the only place near me that sells that brand of hammy food.I don't like ASDA'S or TESCO'S hammy food ,neither does wee "PI" my hammy ,lol. Too much dust and biscuits etc in it.Thankfully there were no adoption buns in the store,just wee guinea pigs,and a pair of degus(sp) shame.Oh sigh..if only. I could afford to buy them ,but the vet care etc would be out of my reach sadly.I'm not selfish enough to do that,but the longing....I miss my bridge buns.:(

Our local P@H has replaced the buying section with a Pets For Adoption bit, and a few weeks ago they had two absolutely lovely baby rabbits, both does. One was a little, friendly agouti, can't remember if she was a lop or not, and a shy Dutch. They were so sweet; oh, I know that P@H are considered the most evil of evil here, but if I could- if I had the time, space and knowledge, if I wasn't already planning Amy a rescue husbun, if I could spay, bond etc, I know I would have. That probably makes me a bad person. They were just so cute and sweet and I actually tried to figure out if we could, but it would just be too difficult right now. They were gone the next week.

On the rare occasions I visit PAH I cant help looking at the bunnies.I find myself thinking "what sort of home will you end up with?"and hoping its a good one.Makes me worry and some of the faces,i never forget so I try not to go in often at all-only in "emergencies"

Just after we had picked our rabbits we were in p@h and saw the cutest little bunny - it was just like my old rabbit (so I may be slightly biased ;) ) and I was gutted that I couldn't take him / her. If we hadn't already reserved rabbits from the rescue I would have been so tempted to buy this little one and the friend it was snuggling up with. They were gone next time I was in, I hope they went to a good home.

Hello! :) I was always against 'store' bought pets but I got my Pepper from P @ H... she looked so small and vulnerable in amongst all the other rabbits and I just had to give her a loving home!! the only thing that bothers me is that I don't know what breed she is!

Just after we had picked our rabbits we were in p@h and saw the cutest little bunny - it was just like my old rabbit (so I may be slightly biased ;) ) and I was gutted that I couldn't take him / her. If we hadn't already reserved rabbits from the rescue I would have been so tempted to buy this little one and the friend it was snuggling up with. They were gone next time I was in, I hope they went to a good home.

Although you fell in love with one of the bunnies in PaH at least you know you have provided a secure home for rescue rabbits who need another chance.Thats such a worthwhile thing to do.:)The more bunnies sold at PaH and other similar stores the more could potentially end up in rescue situations and the rescues are full to bursting anyway.You did the right thing;)

Back