• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harnesses

Calathea

Young Bun
I'm interested in getting my new buns harnesses but have no idea what styles, types, brands etc are best or how to go about introducing the buns to wearing them. Anyone here use harnesses? Any recommendations or tips?

Although a few people use them, I don't think you will find many people here are keen on harnesses so not sure how much advice on styles/types you will get. May I ask why you are thinking of using them?

I'm interested in getting my new buns harnesses but have no idea what styles, types, brands etc are best or how to go about introducing the buns to wearing them. Anyone here use harnesses? Any recommendations or tips?

Make sure you get a harness and not just a collar for your rabbit. Not all will like them, so if you can try one before you buy, so much the better.

I have a very laid back bunny who loves going out on his, but it's more the exception than the rule :)

Although a few people use them, I don't think you will find many people here are keen on harnesses so not sure how much advice on styles/types you will get. May I ask why you are thinking of using them?

I agree, personally I would never put a harness on a Rabbit. I can see absolutely no need to do so. Even very calm Rabbits can get spooked and I have known of a very serious injury caused to a Rabbit as a result. A spooked Rabbit will panic.

Harnesses not great for rabbits. Some get used to them but many more panic, as Jane said, when they have one put on. To them it feels like a predator has hold of them. Again agree absolutley no need to use a harness with a rabbit

Ah, I had assumed it was common practice with show jumping/agility and that. Thought it would just be good enrichment to take them outside on harnesses now and again however if it's particularly dangerous I won't bother, runs for the garden and that's it :)

Ah, I had assumed it was common practice with show jumping/agility and that. Thought it would just be good enrichment to take them outside on harnesses now and again however if it's particularly dangerous I won't bother, runs for the garden and that's it :)

It's not dangerous at all with the right harness and the right rabbit :D

When I take my rabbit on holiday, he uses the harness at service stations to stretch his legs. He is perfectly at ease and doesn't get spooked. He cannot damage himself as I am holding the harness and he cannot run off ... It's certainly enrichment for him, rather than being in a carrier for many hours :D

There is always more than one opinion/experience .. It's your choice!

Back