• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What a week!

xxx_Ra_xxx

Warren Scout
On the 21st of September I lost my 8.5 year old rabbit to a dental abscess. The next day I went to the breeder and he had two rabbits a boy and girl. My son named them Oliver and Rosie. Rosie was playful and full off mischief, Oliver was shy. Well so I thought. I adored them both. Oliver was a good wee bit smaller, thought nothing off it. Over the week I watched them both, but had a feeling something was not right with Oliver he never really relaxed, he ate a lot slower than Rosie too. Not the pellets but hay and grass. Took them for a wee run out the back since the weather was so nice, Rosie ate the grass like there was going to be none soon and Oliver nibbled but not fast. When I got up this morning I saw the Oliver had a wet chin. Alarm bells rang as my last rabbit had this. Took him to the vet who said there was no hope and to take him back. He had a abscess in his roots. I am stunned as he was such a lovely wee thing. I will miss him so much. Rosie is getting spayed and after this I will look for a friend. Until then I hope us humans will do ok. :cry::cry::cry:

Oliver

Rosie

Took this picture of them together before I went to the vet, I never knew he wouldn't be back. Still cannot believe he isn't here with her :(

Oh I'm so sorry, that's really sad, poor little chap. I really hope that you can find a nice bun friend for little Rosie, and they can have many happy years together. Xx

The breeder is a good friend, he even passed his new rabbit check up last week at the vets. All was good with him

Thanks, I hope to get her a friend once she is spayed and recovered. She seems a lot happier now after a few days. Lots of love from all of us :)

Hi Ra. Aw Oliver was lovely and so is Rosie. Such fluffy babies and beautiful colours. Glad to hear Rosie is a happier. Did u ever get any update from the breeder to how Oliver is now ?? I am just worried about what he will do with him ?? :(

Hi Ra. Aw Oliver was lovely and so is Rosie. Such fluffy babies and beautiful colours. Glad to hear Rosie is a happier. Did u ever get any update from the breeder to how Oliver is now ?? I am just worried about what he will do with him ?? :(

Oliver was put to sleep that night at the vets. Poor wee sole such a short wee life. At least he isn't suffering anymore. I know he was a lovely wee boy. His colour was lovely.

Back