• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

American Timothy Hay

Family_Moose

Warren Scout
Have discovered this week that the girls seem to have a taste for the finer things in life, mainly American Timothy Hay! I'm not complaining as they've eaten so much hay that we have very golden poops!

I bought a bag (1.2kg) from The Hay Experts which cost me £6.49 and I suspect between the two girls it would only last 2 or 3 days with that as their main hay! So my question is, does anyone get their ATH from elsewhere and roughly how long do the various weights last.

Dust Free Hay seem to sell them in packs, but no weight is on there, and then Hay for Pets sell by weight but no idea what would be the best size/weight to go for! It's all a lot of money for something that the fuss post *may* change their minds about!

Thanks in advance.

I get timothy hay from timothyhay.co.uk, it's not American, but it's very very similar and my buns adore it :wave: plus it's very good value

I buy DFH as an add on hay kind of thing, mainly the soft meadow hay but their American timothy hay is amazing :lol: It's around 3.5kg a box I think, I'm not sure how long they would last you but I use a large handful twice a day for 2 of my buns and it lasts about 2 weeks, they're very tightly packed.

Timothyhay.co.uk is also a big hit here!

I get confused with the whole 2013 or 2014 Hay on Timothyhay.co.uk lol

They have Meadow Hay (B&M) in their litter tray and they definately love that, but they do associate that with litter and have taken to up turning their smaller haytrays once they've eaten the nice bits out of it! Mess girls!

Wow!!

Placed an order this morning for some hay from TimothyHay (I went for the 2013 as it sounded similar to the bag we've got of American Timothy Hay, all green & stalky), just checked my emails and it's being delivered tomorrow! I'm very impressed, just hope the girls appreciate what I'm doing for them and don't change their minds!

It's just the year it's cut, so 2013 hay will be older than 2014 hay. They should in theory have 2015 hay on soon too :thumb:

I always buy the 2014 hay, it smells lovely and sweet and all the buns adore it :D

My new buns have the timothy hay from alpha kings. It costs £36 for 9.5kg from viovet. They have meadow hay, timothy and rye from hay for pets and also a couple of treat hays but really love this hay. My quad much prefer the hay for pets timothy and rye which is half the price.

The cheapest Oxbow hay in bulk has always been from SPH Supplies. It's obviously not cheap though!

Back