• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy vibes for Clover and Thumper!!!

spinecho

Warren Scout
Well, the day has come....my boy and girl (Thumps and Cloves) are now 5 months old and are on their way to Orchid Vets in Brentwood, Essex to be neutered and spayed (hope they don't get mixed up!!!)

My wife's taking them now while I'm at work and I'm picking them up after work.

Can't believe I'm so worried!!!! Hope they'll be ok!

Any vibes would be gratefully received!!! [emoji2]

Sent from my E380 using Tapatalk

Disaster....!
After spending over 45 mins battling the traffic to get to Brentwood with both bunnies, my wife was told they could only operate on Thumper as Clover is too small and her uterus wouldn't be big; the vet would have to make a larger inscicion and she (Clover) might not survive op.

Happy that they didn't just say it was ok, and take money and Cloves might've not been ok, but bit peeved that we're back to square one; they'll have to be apart for another 6 weeks. :-(

We chose the Brentwood vets on recommendation as they would spay/neuter at 5 months and would operate on both at same time so they could be put back together sooner.

At least they had bunnies interest at heart....:)

Hoping Thumps will be OK!!

Last edited:
Oh no - after getting yourself all worked up for it :cry:

But far better to be safe than sorry - and the vets sound really good in saying no, it's too much of a risk. AND on the plus side - you only have to deal with one post op bunny instead of two - and you can start with the easier one as neutering is quick and buns get over it quicker (well my boys have anyway).

Loads of vibes for Thumper - it is a horrible day just waiting - so try to keep yourself busy - will be thinking of you all.

Update!!!
Just had a phone call from vets....Thumper's awake and ok, if a bit grumpy!!! ;-)

Collected Thumper earlier...he's fine but was feeling a bit sorry for himself!
Vet gave me painkillers to give him twice a day and said to let him just carry on doing what he does normally!

Clover has been missing her brother and has sat on top of her hidey-house in her run all day.
As soon as Thumper came home she jumped up and was licking/grooming him through the wire mesh!!!

Got to take Thumps back in 3 days for a check up.

Then 6 weeks wait and then they can live together!

Well, I've just returned from another 30 mile round trip to Orchid for Thumps' 3 day checkup!
Unfortunately the vet said he's still swollen around the *ahem* area, we need to carry on twice daily pain relief for another 5 days and take him back for another check up.

Thumps actually seemed to enjoy the journey!!!!!

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk

Back