• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How can i help my rabbit?

Bunny9930

Young Bun
I have two female rabbits. One of them passed away yesterday. They were very close. Is there anything i can do to help Floss? She on her own currently and after she gets neutered we will look for a male rabbit to bond her with. But until then what can i do to make her feel less lonely? I put a teddy in her hutch so she could cuddle up to it but im not sure of what else I can do

Sorry to hear you lost one of your rabbits. They tend to cope very well with the passing of a friend - just keep an eye on her, talk nicely to her and she should be ok, but don't rush to get her neutered as it could be too much stress all at once. Hope she will be ok.

we are leaving it until October 19th. I have already found a male that she might get along with, just waiting to hear back from the Rehoming center. Thank you though :)

I have two female rabbits. One of them passed away yesterday. They were very close. Is there anything i can do to help Floss? She on her own currently and after she gets neutered we will look for a male rabbit to bond her with. But until then what can i do to make her feel less lonely? I put a teddy in her hutch so she could cuddle up to it but im not sure of what else I can do

Yes she will be lonely - rabbits are such social creatures. They miss the 'body' warm and comfortable next to them. I know some people give soft toys, but I have never found rabbits feel these to be adequate substitutes for the real thing! ( I know you know this already :))

I should pay her some attention - let her run around and do things she wouldn't normally have done ( if this is possible). Try and give her other things to interest her, pass her time, now that she has no companion.

October isn't far away, and after she's healed up, she will have a friend!! :D

Whereabouts in Europe are you?

I was in the same position afew months ago.My Milly was widowed and I worried myself silly over her.She was ok though and once rebonded was her usual happy self.As others have said,lots of interaction,healthy treats,toys and carboard boxes to play with,talking to her calmly and fuss if she likes fuss.That is as much as you can do until shes rebonded.She will appreciate your extra attention and you may find you become even closer to her,as I found with Milly.

Its a horrible situation to be in. I feel worse for her than i do for myself! Thank you for the advice, she loves cardboard rolls so i will search for more of those :)

Yes she will be lonely - rabbits are such social creatures. They miss the 'body' warm and comfortable next to them. I know some people give soft toys, but I have never found rabbits feel these to be adequate substitutes for the real thing! ( I know you know this already :))

I should pay her some attention - let her run around and do things she wouldn't normally have done ( if this is possible). Try and give her other things to interest her, pass her time, now that she has no companion.

October isn't far away, and after she's healed up, she will have a friend!! :D

Whereabouts in Europe are you?

I'm in Britain, and yes keeping her occupied is my number 1 priority. I just wish i didn't have to leave her during the day.

Back