• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Belle master of escape!

mokwa32

Alpha Buck
Every day we were fi ding Belle out free roaming further thing in the morning, we couldn't figure out how she was doing it. Hutch bolted, run gate closed. We reinforced the gate, even looked in the hutch in case she had chewed a hole through the wood. Completely bamboozled!!! Until we seen this!!!

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/...le Uploads/2015-09/IMAG2271_1_zpsfofjw664.jpg

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/... Uploads/2015-09/IMAG2271_1_1_zpsapp8pkrc.jpg

She was climbing up the mesh from her platform sitting perched like a bird then jumping 6 ft!!! Sheeesh I knew she had strong hind legs but this takes the carrot 😊

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

You've obviously got a "thinking rabbit"! We've had a couple of those. They seem to reason and think about things and work complicated problems out.

I just can't believe her but then again she is the most independent bunny I have, she is her own bunny and decides how she lives.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Naughty bunny! :lol:
Our Boo is exactly the same, we can't leave the door of the shed open as she climbs (an I mean climbs) the 4ft gate and jumps out. None of our others rabbits have ever tried it. I'd definitely go for a mesh top now.

Oh my how clever :D how very daring :shock:

I wonder if it is a 'grey' bunny thing the passion for heights i mean :roll: my Casserole is always on top of the run OK so its only 60cm off the ground but he will jump up and just sit there looking at me as if its normal to be up there :lol:

I think it's a black and white bun thing too, Treacle will happily climb over the 4ft puppy panels, and has jumped down from 5ft ! little madam :D

Wonderful! That is just like my Boo. She seems to love climbing and we had similar confusion when she kept escaping and appearing outside her pen. When temporarily inside I also came up to her to find she'd climbed up onto the windowsill and was happily looking out the window. No idea how she got there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back