• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trying to create an rabbit information booklet for our house sitters….help!!

ImoT

Mama Doe
So next Easter my OH and I are going to Australia for his brothers wedding. We have house sitters coming in to look after the rabbits. They have looked after lots of different animals over the years but never rabbits. I am trying to create an information booklet for them without scaring them off and without missing anything out. If anyone has done this for people who have looked after their rabbits would anyone mind emailing me theirs so I don't miss anything out/can word it correctly. I've written 2 15,000 word dissertations in the last few years but this is even more difficult!!! Thank you in advance :)

Hi

Just a word to the wise - lol - I have bunny sitters for my bunsters, one of which is very special needs. Just in my opinion Ive found it best to try and be a concise as possible - mine normally end up being a couple of pages but I find if you put too much into them some of the content gets lost and its more likely that something is missed. I always look for a house/pet visitor who is reasonably bunny savy so they know the basics of what to look for and spot anything which seems a potential worry re health etc.

Good Luck - I know its always a worry leaving them lol.

Bullet points. If you don't need to write a specific day-by-day diary, don't (I had to do it for the OH once!). I used a table format and got it down to a page and a half plus a full page list of safe forage. In a big-ish font, too. But it was just for the one rabbit!

Mine is 7 pages long already :( I will have to try and cut it down. Thanks Sarahbun I'll have a look at the form!

Back