• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Picking up some new arrivals UD rescue gerbils are here

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Here's their cage which I set up this morning, see if you can guess who it will be a home for!

Last edited:

Yes :D I hope they enjoy the extra space as they're currently housed in a p@h gerbilarium with nothing in it but a food bowl! They're 3 years old so hoping to give them a good retirement home, planning on naming them Sahara and Gobi but not sure so suggestions welcome :)

We had 2 gerbil sisters years ago. I read up on them and the book recommended Irish peat moss as their preferred digging material.

They were kept in my daughters bedroom and, one day, they must have had a digging fest as the peat had escaped out of the grill on top and everything in her bedroom was covered in a fine layer of peat dust!

They were lovely but very quick when you got them out of the tank!

We had 2 gerbil sisters years ago. I read up on them and the book recommended Irish peat moss as their preferred digging material.

They were kept in my daughters bedroom and, one day, they must have had a digging fest as the peat had escaped out of the grill on top and everything in her bedroom was covered in a fine layer of peat dust!

They were lovely but very quick when you got them out of the tank!

Oh dear! :lol: Yes I was a bit worried they wouldn't be able to dig easily in the fitch but they aren't having any problems! They haven't stopped digging, running and jumping on everything! They are quick and a bit hard to catch but once in my hands they don't struggle/jump away and are straight to the top when I open the cage, very nosy! They're very entertaining to watch, love seeing them go under the bedding and pop up somewhere else! Oh also they're boys :)

Back