• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binky ... emergency surgery ... He's gone. p128 PM results

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry: He's been an in-patient since yesterday late morning.

His blood glucose has remained normal to no higher than 11 throughout but his stomach is big and doesn't seem to be able to empty, he's really flat.

My poor boy, please keep him in your thoughts. His brother died under GA so I'm completely in bits.

Last edited:
Oh no how strange and worrying. Will be thinking of him today. Hope all goes smoothly.

Thanks both.

Heather is doing the op and is a really, really good surgeon as well as bunny savvy, she did Gracie's blockage surgery in January and I trust her judgement and skill 100% but this is still hard

Esme was looking for him all last night when he wasn't here, he's got to come home :cry:

Last edited:
:( i will be sending all the get well wishes & get well vibes I can muster for your little man. Thank goodness the top bunny vets are on his case

Something is definitely not adding up there as his blood glucose level isn't exactly indicative of a blockage.

I hope everything is okay and sending speedy recovery vibes for Binky. :love: :love:

Something is definitely not adding up there as his blood glucose level isn't exactly indicative of a blockage.

I hope everything is okay and sending speedy recovery vibes for Binky. :love: :love:

I know, it's really weird isn't it. I wonder if there'll be an explanation for that when they've opened him up. I asked if she thought it was digestive when she said she was taking him into surgery, thinking she might think it was a liver torsion or something such as he was really flat (so I thought maybe anaemic?) but then she said his stomach is getting bigger and the repeat x-rays indicate nothing it moving. With Gracie she knew there was a blockage because the x-ray showed fluid (digestive acid) in her stomach rather than food/gas but with Binky it is food/gas. I don't understand but have 100% faith in her judgement, I would like to understand though!

Edit to add: he's had blood tests too and nothing on them hints at anything else.

I know, it's really weird isn't it. I wonder if there'll be an explanation for that when they've opened him up. I asked if she thought it was digestive when she said she was taking him into surgery, thinking she might think it was a liver torsion or something such as he was really flat (so I thought maybe anaemic?) but then she said his stomach is getting bigger and the repeat x-rays indicate nothing it moving. With Gracie she knew there was a blockage because the x-ray showed fluid (digestive acid) in her stomach rather than food/gas but with Binky it is food/gas. I don't understand but have 100% faith in her judgement, I would like to understand though!

Edit to add: he's had blood tests too and nothing on them hints at anything else.

Awww, I really hope she gets to the bottom of it and that it isn't bad. Paws crossed for you, Binky and Esme.

So very sorry to read this :cry:

Praying for a positive outcome. You must be worried sick .... Sending loads of vibes xx

Thanks all.

It sounds like he is in the absolute best hands -you can't do more than that for him x

yes, at least that does ease the stress a lot. I hate the what ifs and all that turmoil. Knowing I did all I could does help.

Heather was anticipating being able to ring me at about 11.00, I wonder if it's more complex than anticipated. I know it felt like forever when she was doing Gracie's surgery. I suppose the evidence suggests that the problem is in or around Binky's stomach given that the food hasn't emptied to his intestines and been replaced with fluid.

Last edited:
Thanks all.

yes, at least that does ease the stress a lot. I hate the what ifs and all that turmoil. Knowing I did all I could does help.

Heather was anticipating being able to ring me at about 11.00, I wonder if it's more complex than anticipated. I know it felt like forever when she was doing Gracie's surgery. I suppose the evidence suggests that the problem is in or around Binky's stomach given that the food hasn't emptied to his intestines and been replaced with fluid.

Ugh I hate the waiting. I always try to hold on to 'no news is good news'.

Back