• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Elyse Today

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
She no longer enjoys going out in the garden, her rapidly deteriorating eyesight means that she gets frightened if she is not in her familiar enclosure. She seems to be very happy in there and she will even binky and jump over a log. But in the garden she just stays in one spot and refuses to move. She does not even attempt to eat any grass. So I am being guided by her and not forcing her to go out if she isn't happy there any more.

Àwwww she seems very happy inside.:love: I suppose with her eyesight failing her hearing is more acute and sensitive to outdoor sounds.

Such a lovely girl - she looks very happy despite her failing eyesight, she looks incredibly gentle xx :love:

Her fur looks so soft and it's a wonderful colour. If I was losing my eyesight I'd probably prefer to be in familiar surroundings too. She seems contended enough :D

Such a lovely girl - she looks very happy despite her failing eyesight, she looks incredibly gentle xx :love:

She is toward me, but she has made it absolutely clear that she does not want to share her space with another Rabbit. This being due to her failing eyesight I think. She is immediately VERY defensive and of course putting her in neutral unfamiliar territory to attempt to bond her is not an option. She lives next to Endeavour and she allows him to groom her through the enclosure divide. They interact a lot all day, but she just cant cope with the stress of a full on attempt at bonding and I am not prepared to try to make her do so xx

She is toward me, but she has made it absolutely clear that she does not want to share her space with another Rabbit. This being due to her failing eyesight I think. She is immediately VERY defensive and of course putting her in neutral unfamiliar territory to attempt to bond her is not an option. She lives next to Endeavour and she allows him to groom her through the enclosure divide. They interact a lot all day, but she just cant cope with the stress of a full on attempt at bonding and I am not prepared to try to make her do so xx

Oh bless her, as long as she's happy that's all that matters.

Letting Endeavour groom her through the enclosure - that sounds so sweet xx

Having a buddy on the other side of the divide that she can easily get away from when she wants to sounds like the ideal solution. :)

They can be so adaptive, can't they! It's a shame she doesn't want to go/be outside, but I understand her reasons! That's one massive log, too!

Back