• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escaped rabbit

Hoppinbunny

New Kit
My bunny bill somehow managed to escape his hutch last night. We've searched our local area, informed neighbours and asked them to look out for him, put a notice on the local social media sites, informed the microchip company but no luck as yet. I put some nuggets in the area where he last was that I know of (some of his fur was on the gate he must have squeezed through) and 2 hours later it's gone. I put nuggets around our garden edge etc and this hasn't been touched other than slugs which are still eating it so I'm hoping he's not too far. We've put some more out in that spot and are on watch. Is there anything else I can do? I feel so awful that he's gone, I've been so upset today.

Oh no I'm so sorry, could you put a carrier out with some tasty herbs in while you keep watch ? Might be easier to catch him if he appears. Good luck x

:( I'm sorry this has happened... how about some photocopies of photos made in to "missing posters". A spy camera might allow you to establish his patterns - I got one a few years ago for about 20 quid. I hope he comes home / you get him back

Thank you I'll put a carrier out now. The recent nuggets are untouched :( my husband is going to make the posters tomorrow too. I just hope he comes home, my 3 year old is asking when he'll be back off his adventure.

I can't believe it, he's just wandered back home. He seems absolutely fine. Hopping around find, let me cuddle him and check him over. He needs a good groom as has obviously been hiding in bushes or under something and has been drinking for s good 5 minutes but he seems fine. I am so so happy right now :) :) :)

Glad he came home, had just been reading your thread!! Maybe rename him Houdini?!! :lol:

Oh that's fantastic news, I am so pleased. Do you have a run attached to his hutch, that way he can come in and out safely when he wants to, makes it easier when cleaning etc.

Back