• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

My Baby Has Gone....

Plushlops

Young Bun
I went to feed the bunnies this morning and Bluebell was dead....

I don't know what happened, I'm gutted, devastated, I feel sick.

He was only 15 weeks old, now i'm worried about the other 2.

They have been vaccinated. No sign of any trauma. They were wormed and flea treated when I first got them. They have been vet checked. They have constant hay and water, a 6 foot shed, a 6 foot run, a warm cosy bed, pellets every day, variety of greens. Lots of toys.

He had such a great character, always nosey, wanting mummy cuddles. Waited for me in the mornings.

Why me!!!!!! All them horrible people that have rabbits at the bottom of their gardens for years in a tiny hutch and nothing happens, Mine have everything and this happens.

I have been so careful to make sure everything is bunny safe that I give them. :cry:

I am so sorry you lost Bluebell :( sudden losses are are horrible horrible shock, sending you big hugs xxx Binky free little one xxx

They have been vaccinated. No sign of any trauma. They were wormed and flea treated when I first got them. They have been vet checked. They have constant hay and water, a 6 foot shed, a 6 foot run, a warm cosy bed, pellets every day, variety of greens. Lots of toys.

He had such a great character, always nosey, wanting mummy cuddles. Waited for me in the mornings.

Why me!!!!!! All them horrible people that have rabbits at the bottom of their gardens for years in a tiny hutch and nothing happens, Mine have everything and this happens.

I have been so careful to make sure everything is bunny safe that I give them. :cry:

On no, I am so sorry :cry: What a dreadful shock :cry:

If you feel able to I would consider having a PM done. Whilst that gives no guarantee as to a definitive answer as to 'why' it might and in turn it could help your remaining two Rabbits, especially as they are all related.

Even if you do not feel able to have a PM done I would still take your other two to the Vet for another check up. Sadly sometimes we never do get the answer as to 'why' when we have a sudden unexpected loss :cry:

RIP Bluebell xx

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I should be very careful to have your remaining rabbits checked out, and keep an eye on them for any odd behaviour.

It's probably not something you wish to consider, or too late to do so now, but you could have a post mortem to indicate what may have been the cause of the death.

Run free little Bluebell x

I'm sorry how awful for you. I would get a post mortem done just for peace of mind so you know your other rabbits are safe. Lots of hugs for you.

Thanks all.

Yes everything they are eating is bunny safe. Fresh willow, Fuschia, Parsley, Greens, Dandelions, grass, timothy hay, meadow hay, hay cookies, and allen and page pellets. Occasional piece of carrot and dried herbs made for bunnies from naturals range. All poos normals.

I am so sorry for you loss, Bluebell sounds like a wonderful pet and my heart breaks to hear of your sadness.

I also understand your frustration-you have done everything right and now you have to suffer this terrible, sudden loss.

Many years ago I lost three young siblings between eight and twelve weeks of age. Even after one had a post mortum we never knew the exact cause. I am not suggesting you will lose any others. Your bunny may have had an abnormality that was not able to be diagnosed. Several years ago I lost an adult bunny within minutes of his being healthy and happy and none of my other bunnies had any problems.

Back