• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the best pair to get for happiness

xxx_Ra_xxx

Warren Scout
Last night my wee rabbit was put to sleep, we are all devastated. My youngest wants another rabbit as so do I. There are two lots with our local pet man, (he's lovely and and got our last rabbit from him) He has a brother and sister and 4 brothers. Would two brothers live happily or should I get brother and sister. Obviously they will get neutered and spayed. The brothers are lovely colours but would they be happy to live together once neutered? I would get them done the same day. I think they are 12 weeks old or so. Any advice is fantastic as our last bunny lived alone, he was happy and well loved. Or should I just get one again and give him all they love he needs. I really don't know what to do. Thanks

So sorry for your loss:(

As for your questions, getting two babies of any sex can turn out difficult once they hit maturity, then they may fight and never bond again even after neuter.
The best pairing is neutered male and a spayed female
There are so many rescues looking for homes for pairs of bunnys, that would be my choice.... Already bonded, spayed and vaccinated..... just need someone to love them x

Last night my wee rabbit was put to sleep, we are all devastated. My youngest wants another rabbit as so do I. There are two lots with our local pet man, (he's lovely and and got our last rabbit from him) He has a brother and sister and 4 brothers. Would two brothers live happily or should I get brother and sister. Obviously they will get neutered and spayed. The brothers are lovely colours but would they be happy to live together once neutered? I would get them done the same day. I think they are 12 weeks old or so. Any advice is fantastic as our last bunny lived alone, he was happy and well loved. Or should I just get one again and give him all they love he needs. I really don't know what to do. Thanks

As Littleboots has said, the best pairing is a neutered male and a spayed female. In my 20+ years of bonding rescue rabbits, this is the pairing that worked the most.

Would you consider rehoming a couple of buns who had no home to go to? I love rehoming rabbits and giving them another start in life - watching them grow in confidence after a home that no longer wanted them.

I know some people prefer to go to breeders/pet shops, but I prefer second hand :lol:

I have looked into it, but I am in Northern Ireland so not so many places close by. A lot in the shelters are single rabbits looking a friend. I will keep looking. :)

Last edited:
I found a one year old male which is close by, but I have already done the one bunny and everyone says they like a friend :(

Back