• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you get your newspapers?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
As title - I've always used newspapers for the buns' tray, been using old Metros for afew years while I lived in London but now I've moved away and there are no free papers! Eek!

I tried putting a wanted ad on freecycle but no joy - just wondered if anyone had any cunning ideas. I'm trying to avoid going back to using loose litter if possible as it's messy and hard to store.

I get mine from supermarket (local ads ones), bus and my dad saves them for me

Could you ask at work or neighbours to save them for you?

We get the advertiser and some random car paper in Stoke. I borrow them from morrisons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm lucky - the weekend domestics collect them for us and we split them between 3 of us.
Do you have any nursing/care homes close by?

I get mine from supermarket (local ads ones), bus and my dad saves them for me

Could you ask at work or neighbours to save them for you?

I think neighbours is a good idea.

If you're in any social groups or committees, you could ask them to save them for you.

When I was on the R.S.P.C.A. committee and fostering loads of their buns, I got all the committee to save me theirs and their neighbours, and took piles home in the boot of my car. :D

You do get through a fair amount with bunnies. I've a few boarders coming in this weekend, so I shall probably go and filch a few extra Metros ;)

I ask neighbours and family to save them for me. I also get a handful of the free ones as I'm leaving the supermarkets in case of emergencies ;)

The ones we buy are not enough so work colleagues save them for me and we top up with the free ones in the doorway in the supermarket. If I am in Waitrose I will get the free one with my loyalty card too, whichever is the biggest one they have in the offer!

I hope you are enjoying living up this way so far :)

As title - I've always used newspapers for the buns' tray, been using old Metros for afew years while I lived in London but now I've moved away and there are no free papers! Eek!

I tried putting a wanted ad on freecycle but no joy - just wondered if anyone had any cunning ideas. I'm trying to avoid going back to using loose litter if possible as it's messy and hard to store.

not sure what happens to unsold papers from shops ;) worth an ask maybe :?

I get mine from some of the neighbours. One leaves a bagful over the gate now and again, one delivers when he passes. The other one tells us when there is is bagful (she is housebound and we walk her dog). If I need more, there are a couple of other people I can ask if I time it just before the recycling bins are due to go out and I go bin diving.

I work at a welding company so the guys who work here are always reading papers. It takes no time at all for them to build up and I get them then! I also get the paper shredding from all of the shredders! :lol:

I get mine from a nice older man who saves them up for me in his garage. It used to be 1 Telegraph per day plus free ones but now it's 2 papers per day as his wife died recently :(

I found him via freecycle. Before I moved here a local B and B used to give me their papers, they used to buy a selection for their guests.

I get miine from my parents: I've got tons and I don't really use them anymore. I'm driving down to Silverstone on Saturday so could drop some off to you?

I think they are tied up and returned - assume they get some sort of refund but not sure. Will ask at my local shop.

I'm pretty sure that is the case.

I get mine from my parents. Definitely worth asking the neighbours - you'd probably get quite a haul (unless you live in the middle of nowhere, of course!)

We have metros at the station even though I don't live in London. Also other free paper / free ad type things.

If you can get to a train station that isn't tiny it's likely there will be something there.

Also free ad papers outside newsagents sometimes.

I collect them for the rescue as don't use them myself. My neighbours and work colleagues save them. If you go anywhere near Carterton they do free papers at morrisons.

I live just outside of london and always pick up the free metros/london evening standard etc...must get strange looks with 5+ papers in my hand :lol:

Back