• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Catit Cabrio Carrier

bunbuns

Warren Veteran
Would this be big enough for a Belgian Hare and another largish bunny?

Also there looks the there is a gap at the front, can this be closed up or is it too small for a bunny to escape anyway?

Thanks in advance :D

Several threads about this lately. If you put cabrio carrier into search box you will see the comments from people.

I'm not sure on the size but I think they would both fit - Lola is average sized and Alfie is a mini lop and they take up about half the carrier I guess. Maybe somebody with bigger bunnies can confirm though. :D

There isn't a gap, as such. There's a clear ventilation strip on the front (not big enough for bunnies to squeeze out of) and underneath that is a little flap that you can open to insert/remove the food/water bowl it comes with. If the flap's open then a small bunny can squeeze through (as I found out when Bubbles tried once :shock::lol:) so now I just don't open the flap with them in it.

Thank you! Just ordered one. :D

My BH has got so big there is no way she is going to fit in my old carrier with her husbun for her vaccination on Monday!

I think you should be fine, though it's likely to be snug! When Elmo was still here, we could fit him (average size) and my two girls in (mini lops) and they'd be a bit in each other's faces but I think they actually preferred that :love: I do find that they chew it though. The opening top is a godsend at the vets, particularly when you have a very sick bun.

Bobo and Harley fit in one easily enough - and Bobo is a big lad.

Sheldon and Holly are also fairly hefty buns - and they fit perfectly too. Buns can make themselves quite small when they want to :D

I used this to transport Flo 5 hours to our new home!
She could lay down width ways (though v snug) and she is 2.75kg medium sized rabbit. Length ways was no problem!
Very roomy carrier in comparison to others!

Back