• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pillows for rabbits?

FredW

Alpha Buck
Now this may be a bit of a silly question.... but I was wondering if anyone got any pillows for their bunnies. I noticed when sleeping Fluffy is having a hard time supporting his head. He's totally fine normally, but when sleeping he always tries and leans against something. Bunbuns is always fine, she can lay with her head held up for hours and sleeps very well like that. when he does it, I can see him tipping to the side, head moves slightly more, then a bit more, then his body and then before you know it he's completely on the side. Therefore he usually sleeps with his head against a table or chair leg, the pen wall, or he uses Bunbuns as a cushion, or if he finds a cuddly toy he'll lay against that one. I read somewhere that bunnies with red eyes sometimes have a harder time keeping their head balanced, is that true. and if so, should I maybe get him a little pillow for his favourite spot? that said, he chews everything to pieces, so probably wouldn't last long. Anyway, just wondering if anyone elses bun got the same issue, and if so, what did you do about it, or just let him be. When he's fully on his side he seems completely relaxed, but don't think it's always his preferred way of sleeping though. hope that makes sense. :)

I'd let them find there own pillows :lol: Like yours, my rabbits prop their chins up on various places & each other. Joey & Mouse are big lollers when they sleep - like Fluffy

I hadn't heard about REW & head balance issues - that doesn't mean its not true of course

Yeah true, I shouldnt always try and think what they may wont, he's good at getting what he wants. For such a small bun he's strong and often moves stuff around in the way he wants it, so I should just trust and let him be. Right now hes right again the table leg again looking super cute.

And yeah I cant remeber where I saw the REW thing before, I looked into anythings I needed to be aware off before adopting him, and that was one thing I saw and that their eyesight is aparently not as good.... but have not noticed that with this little fur monster :)

My one & only REW is definitely short sighted :(

& thank you re: avatar, I felt mean missing Mouse out, like she'd know! :lol:

Aww poor Boo, maybe Fluffy will develop some issues with his eyes as he gets older, he's not a year yet.

And who knows, they may know, how do we know they ar not online when we're sleeping :lol:

So cute,love that little tent you have,where did you get that one from. He had a little knitted doughnut bed before, which he and Bunbuns destroyed within a few weeks, yours looks more sturdy though.buti could definitely see him in that tent like thing you have

So cute,love that little tent you have,where did you get that one from. He had a little knitted doughnut bed before, which he and Bunbuns destroyed within a few weeks, yours looks more sturdy though.buti could definitely see him in that tent like thing you have

Homemade :) We used old plastic Wendy house poles and joints, and made the covers to fit :) The donut is homemade too - they are quite simple to do - take a length of fleece fabric, double it over longways and sew along the long seam, turn it the right way in, stuff with the insides of a cheap pillow or cushion, and then sew the ends together :) Much cheaper than buying them, so it's not so gutting when they get chomped LOL

Just seeing a new business venture for you there Sara, for people like myself who have no flair for stuff like that lol in the meantime wonder if I should plop them some old pillows on the floor to snug against, though knowing him he probably ends up moving it, then laying on the bare carpet again ;)

Blackberry your super cute bunny makes a great case for pillows, what a princess!!

Thanks too for the donut making tip, I may try that.

Lopsy uses the bricks that keep the hutch off the ground, but he doesn't seem to worry when he's not sleeping in the hutch at ground level!

Yes I had already thought about a doughnut and completely forgot about it again :lol:

Thank you for the reminder! I was looking at fleeces on Ebay yesterday and trying to work out the best and the cheapest ... Mine have soft beds and love propping themselves up. Fred - it's very tempting to try and make their lives perfect in every way, isn't it?

mabel got a pillow mum made me buy it her, I didn't think she would use it but she loves it, she lies with it her blue bunny teddy and her yellow carrot ted lol

Well just folded an old fleece blanket up and put in his favourite sleeping spot. He sniffed it... was his old one... and rolled himself right in it. Was so cute. Legs in the air then his head nicely sqashed in it. He seems made up with it :love:

Back