• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nene's diet

Nene is the new baby at home. He's a dwarf Netherland, 8 weeks old. My neighbour (who I got him from) was feeding them this cereal/dry and smashed peas (or whatever they are). I hate that mix as they will eat only what they want rather than what they need. So I have put few of Bicho's pellets in it (they are from that brand "selective" I think it is called, can't remember now)
He has hay available and will have at all times.
Any suggestions will be more than welcome!
By the way! I will soon show you some pictures of Nene... My goodness, he could melt a heart made from stone!!

Last edited:
Don't try to change Nene's food too quickly - you have lots of time to put him on the food you want to use. I have brought up quite a few bunnies on Muesli and they do really well, go on intil 9 and 10 healthily. Some Mueslis looks awful with lots of green peas so I agree that type might not be so good. They don't pick and choose as long as they are not given too much.

Back