• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WW: Forage Photo Competition

Tamsin

Administrator
Staff member
Forage Photo Competition

I love how much foraging the RU members do and how many people have been encouraged to try it out. Share your best forage photo here, one picture per member! It can be you picking forage, a photo of where you forage, drying forage, an arty leafy photo, rabbits stuffing themselves with forage... anything forage related.

Here is an example from Scamp

IMG_2906b.jpg

Our favourite five entries will win a bunny badge!

Entries must be in by 8pm Sunday 13th.

Not a great variety of forage in this picture but it's one of my favourites :lol:

653c1d3bdb9377af0a8bff1e37e821f2_zpsdhfbimbg.jpg

Was trying to find one of my buns eating forage, but Photobucket keeps freezing on me, so will just show this one instead :)

Honestly, Nemesis has been showing off for the camera today.

dVN-t4T4sbd_uGZwLkHmYK9Ek6K_GRivm2fTSpzynbbCiUg30W6itbNhHH1mzCZRxVMmK5Z1LijoquvnhLKRggWyipzrBuNtb2AXWq9akXVMx84USivPASrXvAKQTeUcj_cV6hb576kx1PwH4hRAQVlZjCbyz_ui4pz0zpUCagYDCkIehvFvUGSNQ5_if8KZjVe8rirfPMWwpEg08b824o1rCPLUkMvxj4h7HYhbCzri23eOIcVl11OGZXRE8jpyNM0ShucQtB-XczxGW5KXUkVZPs-ojKIR_bUYIdW4a3Pakck_JXd5If0NY7ipIr_fvJNr0aYVmqoS-5UdoNqJqdKgdG_QJfEzSCS2afn630UCOtDdkC8NIF6nXuV7va_EFPUULWZsmk-hvYyWBczq30Cr6i-uAM2AAhtW0F1Rdbq3klhQTeTnyvy9Ss1YzJTHFcb6828K0ZgoSPDGiT11x9-zlfIt4UXHpoma6NITKoGM_QILoE_vQyvTQsrU6Pqzkzq9oEYSv3gFjgJ2Bypgji2VO3K1EgK5LHk2Qvphjd0=w1433-h955-no

My hands are always covered in blackberry and hawthorn scratches recently, but it's worth it. :)

I see someone mentioned hawthorn leaves anyone any pics of them ?? Are crab apple leaves and branches ok ?? I have trees in my garden - a red leaf Norway maple and silver elm I think the other ones are. I know before we planted them they had to be rabbit safe but as they need pruned again are the branches of any of these two trees ok ??

Last edited:
Here is the dry forage i make, they have it fresh too but this is easy to store.

It includes:
Nettle, Bramble, Apple Leaves and Twigs, Grasses, Dandelions (flowers and leaves), Clover (flowers and leaves), Plantain, Hibiscus, Sunflower Petals, Rose Petals, Chamomile, Marigold, Mint, Parsley, Rose Hips, Apple (off the apple tree so im including as forage!), Blackberry. I think thats everything.

I see someone mentioned hawthorn leaves anyone any pics of them ?? Are crab apple leaves and branches ok ?? I have trees in my garden - a red leaf Norway maple and silver elm I think the other ones are. I know before we planted them they had to be rabbit safe but as they need pruned again are the branches of any of these two trees ok ??

The apple leaves & branches are fine. No idea about the other trees. Here's my girls eating hawthorn this morning (well as I type) but I can go & take photo of a tree if that helps? Hawthorn is everywhere here, I'm expecting to be relying on it heavily during winter

IMG_0987_zpsre8vf4xc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The apple leaves & branches are fine. No idea about the other trees. Here's my girls eating hawthorn this morning (well as I type) but I can go & take photo of a tree if that helps? Hawthorn is everywhere here, I'm expecting to be relying on it heavily during winter

IMG_0987_zpsre8vf4xc.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Could I see a picture of the tree, they are certainly enjoying it!! Cute wee bunnies :)

Yes joey a pic would be great if u so dont mind. Does there be berries or flowers on it ?? Ur babies do look to be loving it !

All mine love forage and I try to include at least two types of twigs plus five or more plants and types of grass each day
Here's a picture of rose and shadow my rabbit residence buns enjoying some willow

Today's pickings - hedge cuttings!!

Hawthorn (left) brambles (right).

All in the bath so Hector can't access them yet. Unlike last year when I was sorting leaves to dry......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nickbunny- you have me talking in a most peculiar accent with your "does there be berries on it":lol: Sometimes I think is the answer, i don't always spot them but some hawthorn grow massive
IMG_1012_zpsysgmbo14.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_1006_zpswqslnvpg.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Some photos for you & Ra:)
I had to use my flash so the leaves don't look as dark on the close up shot as they actually are. My photography isn't great either, nonetheless..

Back