• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much time do you spend with your outdoor bunnies?

Casco

Mama Doe
Ours are currently indoors so I can see them at all times when I'm home and like watching them and interacting when they want to. As I might have to move them outside at some point in the future I am interested to know how much time is 'normal' to go outside and see them as I can imagine it becomes slightly less appealing to do this in winter!

In summer I spend lots of time with the buns sitting with them in the garden but winter I tend to sit out with them if its dry...I don't mind putting my coat on and sitting in the garden if it's just cold but I can't stand rain. If it's raining I just feed them! I do let them in the house for a bit if they are drenched to dry off. I keep the heating off in the dining room and can open the patio doors so they don't come from cold to hot. If your bunnies are in a group then I don't think they need the company as much as they have each other.

The same as Lady Logamorph, it all depends on if it's raining or not. The winter is OK if dry but I do have to wrap up well!

I like to sit out a lot in the summer with Flo but as others have said in winter only if it's not raining!
Though Flo does get lots more cuddles now anyway as she lives with 4 vet nurses !

In the summer, the kids are out playing, he's running around our feet so in the summer loads. In the winter he has a wee indoor cage for sleeping so he is more than welcome to join us in the living room. But really not as much time in the winter outside :)

That sounds reasonable, I have a bonded pair (brothers) so they would have each other for company. Ideally if I do have to put them outside I would like a shed for them so that would make it easier to clean and feed them without having to stand out in the rain and freezing cold to do it.

Back