• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone with Bunnies that don't like tunnels??

spinecho

Warren Scout
Hi,

Got myself a bargain at the weekend at B&Q - 2 6"x6' flexible ducts for £5 each. http://www.diy.com/departments/whirlpool-silver-duct-extend-kit-w125mm/536966_BQ.prd:D
Wow thought I, our 2 outdoors mini lops Clover and Thumper will love this as we've started to let them have 30 mins or so "free-range" in the garden before bedtime! (separately I might add before their visit to the vets in a couple of weeks;)).
The plan is to use the ducts as connectors between the 2 hutches and runs so both will have access to everything when they are "safe";), but for now we're just using the duct as a play tunnel.

So, I placed the tube (with a nice right angle bend to make it interesting) in the middle of the garden. Clover took to it straight away! She loved running and binking and then hiding in the tube, even managing to turn around in it!

Thumper (buck) just sniffed it and then ignored it completely! He did go through it once (with a bit of enticement) but it was a "No" from him! Not even kale or carrot tops would tempt him through the tube!

We've tried several times with same result; Clover loves the tunnel and Thumper is steadfastly unimpressed!

Does anyone else have bunnies that don't like or have no interest in tunnels??

Last edited:
My male rabbit had no interest in them what so ever lol, he always avoided them. No idea why, just wasn't his thing.

Mine use their tunnel (normally in failed attempts to get away from me when its inspection time) but none are super excited about it, not like when Joey built one of his very own

Wow, £5 for a tunnel sounds good. I bet my local B&Q doesn't have any though. :(

My boys both like them. Meeple especially loves to race through tunnels.

Back