• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobo going under GA today for blood tests

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Grumpy Bobo is going to have a little sleep today so he can have blood tests taken to check his kidney function as he is still drinking loads of water - he's done okay with GA's before but still a worry - and obviously very worried about the results.

He's still very well in himself - eats like a pig (sound effects included :lol:) and still very lively. Last night he hopped out of his pen - had his usual territorial wee whilst I was just standing there and then bounced off flicking his back legs - and his wee all over me and did a massive binky - I swear he knew what he was doing the little monster :love::love::love: So hopefully whatever is causing the heavy drinking is not too serious...but at least by the end of today I will know.

These animals will be the end of me - I borrowed money from my sister to help pay for his first vet bill after being in the vets for a week - it wasn't as much as I expected so I was on the verge of paying my sister back when Cheyenne fell so ill - so used the money for that instead. For one reason or another - Bobo's insurance claim has taken ages to come back (I expect it this week) - I received Cheyenne's last week but now that is going towards paying for Bobo's proceedures today. So I still haven't paid her back - she's fine about it - she doesn't need the money and knows why I havne't been able to - but I hate it hanging over me.

<<<<sigh>>>>>

Good luck today, hope Bobo's results are good ones, sounds like you're having a real run of bad luck, hope things start getting better for you very soon.

Well Bobo has come out of his GA - he's had bloods taken and xray and hubby is picking him up at 4.45pm and the vet will be talking to him then. There was mention this morning of taking bloods for EC testing as well - but not sure if that did happen (I kind of hope it was deemed not necessary as it is flippin expensive - but obviously need to make sure).

So the good news is that he's coming home tonight - yay :D - so hopefully it means it's not too serious and doesn't need in-house treatment.

Just wish I could be there - hubby is doing vet duties today and whilst he's good at the transport bit, he doesn't always get what the vet is saying and switches off when he doesn't understand, and so I get half the story :( ... and I end up phoning the vet for the full story :D - bless him, he tries his best.

Just keeping all digits crossed that it is not too serious and whatever it is, is treatable without too much hands on care :D

glad he's home soon, hope its not serious, hugs to you both and nose rubs to bobo x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hubbys rarely get all that the vet's say. I know what you mean about wanting to be there :D

Testing for E.C. isn't just one blood test, but another also (later) to see whether the blood levels are rising. It's notoriously unreliable and I don't bother with it. As well as being notoriously expensive too :shock:

Right. .so kidneys and liver are fine so have tested for EC...waiting 2 weeks for those results (they didn't mention a further test though).
He has swellings at the Base of both his ears...so could well be EC [emoji27] . ..at least that's what hubby has explained.
If test comes back positive then they will treat with antibiotics etc.

So just a matter of waiting.
[emoji26]

Back