• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Residence Rescue

FloLo

Alpha Buck
Anyone adopted a rabbit from them before?
I understand they have a lot of rabbits to care for but I've been waiting a while for a reply to see when I can have an appointment to visit!
I'm just so excited to find a husbun for Flo :love:

Me, I have adopted two long term residents from RRR, I also volunteer there too. The person who deals with all the email enquiries does work full time, please be patient. They have lots of lovely singletons at the moment and Caroline and her team are expert bonders.

Catx also volunteers and has adopted two rabbits from RRR too and a couple of other forum members have too.

Yes I have, sometimes it can take a while to get a response because as tabithakat says Amy works full time, volunteers at the rescue and answers hundreds of emails in her spare time.

Have they sent you the application forms to complete yet? I have them on email if you'd like them and can then send them on?

Yep two of mine are long termers from Caroline. They have lots of gorgeous bunnies there so are awfully busy, but it's well worth the wait :D

Yes I have, sometimes it can take a while to get a response because as tabithakat says Amy works full time, volunteers at the rescue and answers hundreds of emails in her spare time.

Have they sent you the application forms to complete yet? I have them on email if you'd like them and can then send them on?

No haven't received any forms yet - if you could that would be lovely!!!

they are quite busy, so usually there is a delay on reply. Adopt a neuter / spay pair from there, see if Caroline already have a few pair that are already bonded for you to pick. That way, you don't have to save 1+ mth. to bond them

highly recommended, they do great work, myself and my friend in France is about to ask Amy to do some mugs and 2016 calendar again

they are quite busy, so usually there is a delay on reply. Adopt a neuter / spay pair from there, see if Caroline already have a few pair that are already bonded for you to pick. That way, you don't have to save 1+ mth. to bond them

highly recommended, they do great work, myself and my friend in France is about to ask Amy to do some mugs and 2016 calendar again

Well I'm looking for just a single male but thanks. Hoping they may bond for me if they are not too busy.

I'm in exactly the same boat FloLo! I sent off my application form last week and haven't heard from them yet. Who are you hoping to get?

To be honest.... Ive found this with a few rescues .... No one gets back to you
I appreciate people work as well as run these rescues..... but if, as were led to believe, rescues are at saturation point.... you would at least expect a reply within a week....
Have you tried Angie at BARC, or Jill at Honeybunnies..... they would get back to you straight away x

Amy works full time at a primary school during the week, Vicki who monitors the emails also works full time. That usual time when you're sitting in front of the telly, they're working their way through hundreds of emails. Caroline never has time to check emails as she works 6-7 day weeks and is often still cleaning out at 11-12pm. Patience is required!

If you've not heard anything back I can text Amy your email address (PM me) to keep an eye out for it?

The rescue has a lot more single males at the moment than single females :)

Being at saturation point is exactly why rescues run by one person aren't always quick at responding, Caroline has over 200 buns I believe at the moment which she sometimes has to care for by herself, sometimes she has volunteers to help but no paid employees.

Being at saturation point is exactly why rescues run by one person aren't always quick at responding, Caroline has over 200 buns I believe at the moment which she sometimes has to care for by herself, sometimes she has volunteers to help but no paid employees.

The rescue has one part time paid employee, Eleanor, but she does physical things, cleaning out and helping with health checks and bunny logistics at the rescue. Amy and Vicki do the emails 100% voluntarily :)

For some reason I didn't think Caroline had an employee anymore, glad she's got some help but still an awful lot to do!

I don't live in UK, but if some of those email correspondence is something that a remote person like myself can help, I would be happy to volunteer my time to do email correspondence

I don't live in UK, but if some of those email correspondence is something that a remote person like myself can help, I would be happy to volunteer my time to do email correspondence

Thank you for the offer! It's quite hard work though and involves a lot of diplomacy, knowing the rabbits we have on site and coordinating with Caroline. There's a lot of convincing when it comes to adoptees with inadequate housing, it takes gentle cajoling, sometimes taking weeks, to convince them upgrades are needed. And all the emails with people trying to offload animals. I don't do it, but do look after private messages on their FB, and that is tricky and delicate enough haha!

Did manage to talk someone out of getting rid of a bun they had for 2 years because it bit their 3 year old daughter, they're going to work on the situation instead of rehoming. Bunny only bit because child tried to pick up the bunny. After explaining rabbit behaviour, hopefully that's one less bunny to end up in rescue :)

I'm in exactly the same boat FloLo! I sent off my application form last week and haven't heard from them yet. Who are you hoping to get?

Exciting isn't it! Oh I had a look but there are so many cuties on there I couldn't choose! :love: I'd like to know their personalities before deciding!

Amy works full time at a primary school during the week, Vicki who monitors the emails also works full time. That usual time when you're sitting in front of the telly, they're working their way through hundreds of emails. Caroline never has time to check emails as she works 6-7 day weeks and is often still cleaning out at 11-12pm. Patience is required!

If you've not heard anything back I can text Amy your email address (PM me) to keep an eye out for it?

The rescue has a lot more single males at the moment than single females :)

Yeah I bet they are super busy so just going to wait patiently :) Aww bless - do they have more than on their site? I'll PM you :D

Yeah I bet they are super busy so just going to wait patiently :) Aww bless - do they have more than on their site? I'll PM you :D

Yes there's more than on the website :) had a few new intakes who are awaiting neutering too.

Back