• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Abandoned rabbit update

bridget

Alpha Buck
hey guys, a few of you may have seen my post a few weeks back about the rabbit dumped on some private land.. We managed to eventually catch her and bought her home. Well a few weeks back she started nest making. Brian built her a nesting box but we just thought it was what our Daisy used to do .. Get a bit broody. Anyway, to cut a long story short she had a kit, it looks like it's about 2 or 3 weeks old but I am now at a loss.. I have other rabbits and Marilyn (the abandoned rabbit) just fights with them. My others are old rabbits - and they just don't need this.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to dump mum and baby at a rescue centre but I am now thinking it's the only option. Please can someone help? We thought we were doing the right thing saving the abandoned girl in the wild and didn't of the consequences :(

Well done for recuing her, if she has had a dughter the 2 will be able to stay together. Is it just not possible for you to keep them. Putting strange rabbits together will usually result in fights. You would need to bond properly, and even then it may not work. I don't know what other rabbits you have.

As tonibun said she and her daughter would remain bonded (but will both need spaying for health and behaviour reasons)so could they stay with you but obviously separate from your other buns?Obviously it depends on space etc but I'm wondering if that's an option?I remember your original post.Im so glad you were able to catch her.

Back