• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help me please, I'm driving myself mad here!!!

Lou75

New Kit
I've spent the past week reading almost everything written on here re hutches & runs, and I'm actually getting very anxious and panicking!

I have one rescue rabbit with another reserved to join us in a couple of weeks. My current rabbit, is at present in a 5ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch with 24hour access to a 5ft x 4ft run. She's hopping and skipping around and seems happy enough.

However, it appears that this is unacceptable housing for a rabbit, let alone two!!!

And now I don't know what to do.....

I haven't the room for a shed.

I haven't the room or bank balance for a dog kennel.

I'm tall-ish, with a dodgy back, so, ideally I'd like some form of walk-in run...I'm looking at the Omlet walk-in run, but it's really expensive!

Ideas & recommendations please....I'm trying to do my best.

Do you have any aviary builders near you? If they could build you something to go over the top of the hutch and ditch the 5x4 run you'd be on to a winner!

Boyle's Pet Housing and Moore Space For Pets both will build aviaries and deliver, don't know what the budget might be though.

Alternatively you can buy the aviary panels and put them together yourself to the design you want. That's what I did :D

An aviary sounds like a good plan, though if you don't have space for a shed, is that possible? Have a look in the 'housing' section - loads of examples there.

Lou75, I posted on your previous Omlet run post, regarding alternative run options. Did you have a look at them?

Boyles Pet Housing do a range of height options for runs from 3ft to 6ft walk-in types. My link was to a 9ft x 6ft x 6ft walk-in aviary which would have cost less than a Omlet Lo-Rise Run which was only 6x6x3ft. Daniel the owner of Boyles Pet Housing has designed his products with rabbit welfare in mind. His hutches and runs are hand built from good quality materials and very solid. If taken care off properly (ie. weather treated) each year they will easily last the lifetime of your bunnies.

Moore Space for Pets are another good company who make walk-in aviaries, you will find them on Facebook.

Welfare Hutches make good sized runs but they are only 2ft or 3ft high. I have heard about them doing custom jobs though.

There is also Ryedale Pet Housing, they are very good and I highly recommend them (I got my hutch from them) but their runs are extremely expensive.

As Esupi has said if you are good at DIY or know someone who is, you can buy the panels from Ebay and put them together yourself.

Back