• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes for beano please

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
Will be ringing the vets tomorrow, I've noticed Beanos been loosing weight. Only noticed it a couple of days ago but it happening fast. No other symptoms, apart from a while back she stopped finishing all the pellets. She'll eat about 1/2-3/4 of her portion then go eat hay of come after me looking for veg. She's been looked at when this started and tummy felt fine and teeth looked OK as far as what they can see. She is behaving normally. I'm worried as rapid weight loss was the first of boris' symptoms and what made him so poorly and he couldn't recover. :( I haven't noticed extra drinking/weeing so a bug stumped as to what it could be atm.

Will be ringing the vets tomorrow, I've noticed Beanos been loosing weight. Only noticed it a couple of days ago but it happening fast. No other symptoms, apart from a while back she stopped finishing all the pellets. She'll eat about 1/2-3/4 of her portion then go eat hay of come after me looking for veg. She's been looked at when this started and tummy felt fine and teeth looked OK as far as what they can see. She is behaving normally. I'm worried as rapid weight loss was the first of boris' symptoms and what made him so poorly and he couldn't recover. :( I haven't noticed extra drinking/weeing so a bug stumped as to what it could be atm.

What a worry :cry: Sending vibes for Beano ...How old is she?

Thank you everyone. She's only 5 mightymax. I've got her an appointment for tomorrow, she is acting fine in herself. I've just had a call from hospital this morning and I've an appointment tomorrow too, so hopefully ill be out in time to take her or my OH will go.

Thank you everyone. She's only 5 mightymax. I've got her an appointment for tomorrow, she is acting fine in herself. I've just had a call from hospital this morning and I've an appointment tomorrow too, so hopefully ill be out in time to take her or my OH will go.

Oh not very old!

Topping up the wonderful RU vibes that she will be OK and that *you* will be OK for your hospital appointment tomorrow :)

No she isn't, we didn't know Boris' age as my sister found him as a stray but we guessed he was getting on as he developed grey hair round his face and on his back and slowed down before he began showing symptoms.

Thank you everyone for the vibes for both of us, will update after vet trip tomorrow evening. xx

I've got some baytril and something to dissolve in her water (bis something...) as she's still a bit snuffly from when she started sneezing a bit a while back and metacam as the vet noticed her cheek looks a bit red so possible spurs on her top teeth. Hopefully the metacam will make her comfortable so her pellet intake will up and will be booking a dental for her next week. Poor bun!

Back