• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding Substrate.

I was just wondering what everyone thinks about housing outdoor rabbits on straw or fitch, and what would you recommend as a substrate for outdoor rabbits? :D

I use megazorb (horse bedding) as substrate and then barley straw on top in the 'bedroom' part of the hutch.
Never come across fitch - it looks similar though so may be a good alternative :)

My buns are outdoors and I just use Lino with fleeces on top and then Auboise with hay on top in their litter trays.

My buns are outdoors and I just use Lino with fleeces on top and then Auboise with hay on top in their litter trays.

We do the same, except we use Megazorb instead of Auboise, although we only put fleece down when it gets colder.

I much prefer using a litter tray, it is easy to clean and to keep the bunnies clean as well.

Yeah litter trays are great :) I use an underbed storage box and hide their pellets in it under a cover of hay and then watch them have a great time digging for them. Great way to ensure that they're waiting and very willing to go to bed in the evening when I want them to.

When are you getting your rabbits - just interested as you are obviously trying to get everything right.

Back