• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rare bun?

jelly-willow

Young Bun
So after being told what breed williw was i looked her up
It said shes rare? Shes a blanc de hotot. Is that true?

Do we get to see photos? I was told that the gene that affects their colouring also affects their guts (to do with a specific mutation) and they are also very prone to heart problems. I have yet to hear of anything contradicting that but I guess, for you, knowing what to keep your eyes open for can be useful. But, we do need photos :love:

there the little white buns with black around eyes aren't they :love: I think more people in America may keep them then I see other here, but don't see very many

We do see a fair few hothots here. There was one in the same pen with my lionhead cross, Pip, when we picked her up from Petco. She had groomed Pip's fur off the top of her head! :( Imagine our surprise when we found out later that same month that my husband's cousin had adopted the bunny for her daughter. :shock:
They are beautiful bunnies. I would research the breed and see if there are any health issues that you might read up on, as Sky-O suggested. Even if she never develops anything specific it can't hurt to be prepared. :)
I hope we get to see more pictures. :love: She is lovely. :) xxxxxxx

Hotots are a lot more common in the States than UK. Think they're slowly getting to be more common over here though

Back