• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Go to bed!!

bunnybannanas

Mama Doe
I have a house bunny, Petra, she lives with me, the tortoise (Toby) and my parents who are currently away.

She has free reign of the house and as she hasn't been well recently (fractured jaw) I have been letting her sleep in the hallway.

Tonight I heard a scratch on my bedroom door and being a female in my twenties and in the house alone I freaked out. I opened the door (I forgot she could climb stairs) and she bolted into my room and onto my bed (see picture). Anyways I figured something spooked her so she can have a night in my bedroom.

Now she's running around everywhere all hyper and loving a new room and I wouldn't mind but it's 2.15am and I have work in the morning!

I don't want to kick her back into the hallway as I feel really mean but please, does anyone have any tips on how to make her sleep?!

88a8477df1ab6ad4a2eae04b20ea732b.jpg

9ddd185bbc02651fe4ea4b4ac081c688.jpg

2:56am update.

I have had 15 minutes of sleep. I decided to leave my bedroom door open in the end. I put her out into the hallway and when the door was closed she started scratching the door. So I've left it open and we've decided to do laps of the hallway... Including the downstairs hallway, the stairs, upstairs landing and my bedroom.

She's lucky I love her so much.

Good morning Bunnybananas, I hope you got some sleep in the end. :lol: :lol:

I've been there myself as Maggie and Hershel live in my bedroom free range. I still am in fact as Maggie likes to wake her mumma up early for breakfast and will jump up onto the bed and sit on my chest.

My advice is to get some soft foam ear plugs. If you turn your alarm up loud you should still hear it though them. I got mine from Boots.

3 hours I got. 3. And when I woke up this morning she looked at me like mooorrrrrrniiiiiiinnnnggggg what's the problem?!

My other half said that its my fault for over spoiling her and not setting rules. I told him that there are rules... She sets them!!

Haa! Our fluffy friends do have a way of getting what they want. Mine just tend to bite or chew things that they know they're not supposed to in order to get their own way. She was probably super excited to have a new area to explore last night! 😄

Hahahaha Laura she really does!!
Bunny Magoo she was driving me nuts. Who does laps at 3am please?! She never sleeps she's so hyper constantly. I got loads of fruit for her and the tortoise today. My boyfriend moans I spend more on them then anything else but they're so worth it haha.

Toby puts up with so much. The amount of times I come in and she's sat on him is ridiculous. He's not even bothered anymore he just takes it haha.

So... Since this thread she has been sleeping in the hallway - aside from last Friday. She had another operation so slept in my room.

About half an hour ago I decided to nip to the bathroom. When I finished and opened the bathroom door, she was waiting for me so I let her into my room and I've wedged the bedroom door open so she can go in and out.

We're now doing laps around my bedroom pausing only to lick one of the chests of drawers and eat one of my law books.

It's going to be another long night...!!

Oh and before she kept jumping onto the table to eat a plant. When I moved her and told her off she picked an ornament up in her mouth and threw it at me!! Then gave me this look the cheeky minx.

1f8eb07263a71832cd6943f86db25224.jpg

Haha me too. I thought that given she is a little tyke I'd give her her own thread aptly named "Petra" it's in the stories and pictures section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back