• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Boys Weekly Weigh-In

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Oh the indignity of it all !! :lol:

Endeavour- 2.65kg

Lord H , also 2.65kg

To add insult to injury they had a pedicure too !!

Poor things, weighing (in public!) and a nail-trim! The indignity!

Lovely photos: they don't loook too unimpressed :)

They are gorgeous. :love:

Can I pick your brains Jane? How much weight should a baby bun put on weekly? My new bun has put on around 80grams...

They are gorgeous. :love:

Can I pick your brains Jane? How much weight should a baby bun put on weekly? My new bun has put on around 80grams...

I dont think there is a hard and fast amount that they should gain. But a gradual upward trend should occur until they reach maturity. When the Rabbit reaches maturity will depend on the breed of Rabbit. Giants mature much later than smaller Rabbits. As an example a Flemish Giant wont be fully grown until about 14 months of age and during that 14 months they can gain up to about 0.75lbs (about 340g) a week. Obviously there'd be a bit of an issue if a nethie gained that much every week !

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3712130

I dont think there is a hard and fast amount that they should gain. But a gradual upward trend should occur until they reach maturity. When the Rabbit reaches maturity will depend on the breed of Rabbit. Giants mature much later than smaller Rabbits. As an example a Flemish Giant wont be fully grown until about 14 months of age and during that 14 months they can gain up to about 0.75lbs (about 340g) a week. Obviously there'd be a bit of an issue if a nethie gained that much every week !

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3712130

Thanks hun. She's only a tiny crossbreed so I'd imagine she'll be done growing by six months.

Back