• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone know what breed my bunny is ? please

Bugsthebun

New Kit
hello, i have had him for a year now, i rescued him, i have no idea on breed, i know his colouring is sooty fawn and i thought he was a UK dwarf lop, however he seems to be getting a little big for a dwarf lop so i am thinking, maybe he is crossed with a french lop. Any ideas ?
bugs%20breed_zpsx9gjxgav.jpg.html

Last edited:
He weighs about 6lb but he still feels skinny, i can easily feel his spine and ribs, so i know for him he isn't at an ideal weight, which makes me think he isn't a UK dwarf lop x and thank you

Are you sure he's underweight, rather than a rangey bunny? Do you know what's causing him to be underweight (if he is underweight)?

My dwarf lop is 2.5kg (which is just under 6lbs) and a healthy weight, so that's not too dissimilar. Equally, the next 'size' up is a german lop (roughly arpuond 3.5kg-ish), and he may have some of that. I would, however, expect a french lop cross to be significantly bigger, to be honest.

he was significlly underweight when i rescued him, weighing now more than maybe 2lb he had abscesses, scabs, wounds etc i have been putting the weight on him and he is slowly increasing in size, his muscle is slowly going up with his weight too, judging by weight charts i would definatly say another 2lbs is needed for him to become Ideal weight x

Give him time he may fill out certainly looks healthier in the second two pics, I would also say dwarf lop

Back