• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Terrified of going to vets tomorrow

Fellie

Warren Veteran
On Monday we tried to take Bobo and Harley to the vets for vaccinations and a chat about Bobo's big drinking/weeing he's doing - hubby as usual got the buns in the carrier (he has the knack - I don't) - and then proceeded with his usual stress-fest (he always gets stressed taking the buns).

We got to the vets on time - and proceeded to wait and wait and wait - with me trying to calm down an ever increasingly angry hubby, and a very annoyed Bobo who started thumping ALOT - which of course stressed out hubby even more. I did enquire at reception and there had been an emergency which was causing the delay but hubby had had enough and basically stormed out with the rabbits leaving me extremely red-faced and embaressed :evil: (he was very much in the dog box for the rest of the day - and still is).

So I thought - boo sucks to hubby, he doesn't make trips to the vet easy - and I can do without his nonsense and have booked Bobo and Harley in for tomorrow afternoon and will go on my own.

My main worry is that it is a new vet we're seeing - and Bobo is terribly bad at vets and will not be held down and tries to leap off the table - he's a big lad as well :roll:. He normally needs the vet, me/hubby, nurse to hold him for checks etc - even Mark gave up on him when we took him in with stasis and just said they'll examine him under GA. I just really hope that this new vet listens to my warnings - we had a vet before who didn't and Bobo did leap off the vet table when he was still a youngster. This is where I miss our old vets at P@H - they knew us AND Bobo and were prepared for him when we came in:lol:

Bobo hasn't been drinking/weeing so much this week - more or less normal and he's still a fiesty wee ****** so am hoping a few days delay won't have done him too much harm. This is the one bun I really need to stay well given his behaviour at the vets...fingers crossed he isn't too bad tomorrow.

Bobo sounds just like my Mr Higgins. He's a nightmare at the vets. The very first vet visit he did just what BoBo did, jumped out of the vets arms on to the table and on to the floor. When he went for his neuter he did a back flip when they gave him his injection. I know it's stressful, I get very panicked when it's time to visit the vets. It has to be done though so best of luck I hope all goes well for you and remember it must be a common occurrence for the vets. I'm.sure most bunnies arnt very well behaved when being examined.

I always make the vet get down on the floor to examine mine! Having had Rosie attempt a leap from the table now we all get on the floor and I kneel with whichever bun wedged between my legs so vet can check them without them scrambling away.
I've had the odd raised eyebrow when I've told the vet they need to be examined on the floor but they've never said no.

Hope all goes well tomorrow

I always make the vet get down on the floor to examine mine! Having had Rosie attempt a leap from the table now we all get on the floor and I kneel with whichever bun wedged between my legs so vet can check them without them scrambling away.
I've had the odd raised eyebrow when I've told the vet they need to be examined on the floor but they've never said no.

Hope all goes well tomorrow
I think I will do this. there was another lady vet there who would do this with him but she has left now. I will insist on it for his safety...Thank you[emoji2]

All was fine[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] ...the new lady vet is so lovely.💜 Didn't hesitate to get onto the floor and Bobo only grunted and tried to bite her once[emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2] but we did manage to weigh him and he's a fine healthy weight.
Harley was a good girl as always....only time of the year she loves me[emoji171]

We did speak about the excessive water treatment and as they live together I don't actually know if it is Bobo...or Harley.
So I am going to separate them in the same pen with separate litter trays etc and find our who it is and then take that bun in for blood tests. But the vet couldn't feel anything and neither have lost weight and both seem very healthy.

Ah...the relief [emoji2] [emoji2] [emoji2]

Back