• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nervous about getting new bun U/D 8/10 it's happening!

AmberNikSee

Alpha Buck
It's been nearly three months since Bofur crossed the bridge, and at the time we were getting ready to get him a companion. With no Bo there was no need to proceed with a companion but we soon realized that even tho we missed him terribly, we still wanted to rescue another bun. So in the mean time we have/are re-doing the bunny room and it is nearly finished and OH and LO have been asking if I've contacted the rescue. I am dragging my feet :-/ I'm worried that we won't know how to deal with new bun because Bo was so persnickety and he's the only bun either of us has had. I am also worried as I don't know the rescue does adoptions aside from by appointment only so they can have the buns there since they are fostered. I just don't know and it sends me into a tis when I think about it! With the room re-do I don't know what to have already in there for bun or if I'm going to need better gates or if I'll need a door etc it goes on! I feel like I just need to get out of my own head but I'm having a hard time!

Last edited:
don't know what to say except that you are a very caring person and I'm sure you'll be an excellent carer for anybun who comes your way. xx

Try to remember that all buns are different - and not all are pernikety:D And after having a pernkity bun - you have great experience I would say. I still remember the first day Bobo came home - I was terrified as we had never had rabbits before and I didn't have a clue - but we learnt and he survived and here we are with 9 buns.

Try not to over think things too much (easier said than done I know :D) - I find that things usually fall into place and you will set up a new routine and before you know it, you'll be wondering what on earth you were worrying about.

I think it is so lovely that you're wanting to give a rescue bun a loving home - and what a lucky bun that will be!!!

Sorry for your loss. :cry:

Would it be possible to rescue a bonded pair perhaps? That way it would shift the dynamic for you, but also rescues find pairs harder to rehome so would be grateful.

Many rescues re-home nationally. :wave:

It's always a bit stressful getting a new bunny, I know I was nervous when I got my boys. Take a deep breath, everything will be fine. :) Keep busy preparing the room for the new bunny, he/she will be one lucky bun to go to such a loving home. Remind yourself you're doing a wonderful thing for this new bunny and you will get fall in love with a new personality all over again! :)

Thank you all for the encouragement
I just had to get it out and everyone around here doesn't seem to understand!

Sorry for your loss. :cry:

Would it be possible to rescue a bonded pair perhaps? That way it would shift the dynamic for you, but also rescues find pairs harder to rehome so would be grateful.

Many rescues re-home nationally. :wave:

My nearest rescue is 110 miles away and I thought that seemed like a long way to go, can't imagine a national rehome!! I also thought of a bonded pair but this particular rescue only has one (at the moment) and they're terrified of dogs and I have a 70lb scaredy dog so that won't work out unfortunately :-(

I don't think it's going to happen before the beginning of October but I'm not sure how long the process takes and it'll be a day trip so we've got to wait until an early dismissal day at school!

Thank you all for the encouragement
I just had to get it out and everyone around here doesn't seem to understand!

My nearest rescue is 110 miles away and I thought that seemed like a long way to go, can't imagine a national rehome!! I also thought of a bonded pair but this particular rescue only has one (at the moment) and they're terrified of dogs and I have a 70lb scaredy dog so that won't work out unfortunately :-(

I don't think it's going to happen before the beginning of October but I'm not sure how long the process takes and it'll be a day trip so we've got to wait until an early dismissal day at school!

You have to do what feels right for you and when, but bunny runs are regularly organised here so that rescue rabbits can be re-homed nationally. There are sometimes stopovers to make it less stressful for the buns.

Just to let you know it may be an option. :wave:

It might be worth looking into the Bunderground Railroad service. *nods* and good luck finding your bunny/ies :) I'm sure they will be lucky to come to you and bring some jot back to your life.

I've been contacting the rescue for less than 48 hours and we will be going in the near future to be getting him! The rescue has been wonderful working with us about times and whatnot to makes this adoption possible! Rather than narrowing it down and having to pick between bunnies(because let's face it, I wouldn't have been able to pick and would've wanted to bring everyone home!) I told her what we were looking for-any bunny, preferably one that's comfortable hanging out in the living room with the family. But having a dog j thought might make that hard to accomplish and instead she replied with the perfect, cuddly, playful, adventurous boy that loves large dogs and loves from people!
This is his adoption profile picture and the only one of him I have but everyone meet Briony- id like to change his name to Atilla or maybe Hoss when we get him if possible

Last edited:
Awww...well done. He sounds - and looks - perfect. Love the name Atilla - really suits him:love:

Thank you both! He should weigh in at 9ish lbs which is substantially larger than my Nethie was! I'm so excited!!!!!!

Oh what a beauty. How great that the rescue worked with you on this. I love his colouring.

Back