• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Charlie isn't eating

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
I've given him metacam, now I wait and see if I have to go to the vets.

They both had a freak out over one of the cats last night (even though it's the cat the rabbits have always liked) and he stopped eating briefly but was fine afterwards last night and this morning. Don't know if it's related.

A tummy massage and getting him to exercise can also help to get things moving - plus a tummy massage will give you an idea of if he's got gas and how empty his stomach is.

If your vet is open now I'd just take him anyway tbh, better than having to go to the emergency one later.

Hope he's eating again soon.

Yeah he does get massages but left him alone for a bit first because he can just snap out of it.

My vet isn't open now.

Have you got anything tasty, like herbs, you could try wafting that under his nose ? Hope he starts soon, they are such a worry !

He refuses to eat anything smelly. He only eats kale, spring greens, carrot and broccoli aside from his pellets and hay. Pellets are his favourite thing so easiest to tempt him with. He's a weirdo.

He's moving about a little bit now and has his head up. Just jumped in to the litter tray but isn't doing anything in there.

Hopefully if he's moving about, it might get things moving. Has he pooped today ? If not and you are worried, maybe you could ring the vets for advice, put your mind at rest.

I think he may have just done some, there's a pile where he was sat that don't look like they were there first. He just had a tiny, tiny nibble of hay.

Sadly OOH are pretty much just if I think he needs more painkillers or metaclop, they haven't got a clue. It's always the same guy and he doesn't know much about rabbits, he just gives the injections I ask for.

Sounds like he's ok if he's pooped and nibbling, hope he continues to improve. Sending vibes your way Charlie xxxx

Sending nomming vibes for Charlie, I hope he starts feeling better soon.
He and Milly have been having a few episodes like this lately. :( It must be so worrying. (((((((Hugs))))))) xxxxx

Gave him a bit more metacam (hadn't given him max he was allowed earlier) and he's been eating a bit. Eaten some hay and a few pellets. I'm going to nap on and off between checking him and get him a vet appointment when they open as long as he gets no worse. He's much better though.

Hope Charlie is doing better this morning.

There seems to be a number of RU bunnies with tummy troubles at the moment, my Scooby included. :(

He's been to the vet. Vet is happy that there's nothing worse going on so I'm to keep him on meds for a few days. He's angry but still eating. I'm tired!

Back