• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bellas spay - U/D home..poo pictures

aaammmyyy

Mama Doe
Just dropped bella off at Tw'ham vets for her spay :(

Wendy did Binkys spay, I'm not sure of this vets name all I know is she has brown hair lol

I'm so nervous, I already regret dropping her off - I know she's in good hands, but Binkys spay and recovery was so easy, I feel like something's bound to go wrong :cry:

This is her lunch, with a carrier bag full of meadow hay too
7f2b039e2805c00607e0ffe0a9e179c6.jpg

Anxious day of waiting ahead :cry:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ah good luck. I'll be surprised if she eats the pellets, Doughnut didn't want hers until a few days in, she just wanted all fresh stuff. You'll have her home soon :)

Ah good luck. I'll be surprised if she eats the pellets, Doughnut didn't want hers until a few days in, she just wanted all fresh stuff. You'll have her home soon :)

Thankyou, Binky was eating pellets again on the third day, I put them in more for when she's waiting to go down because otherwise she'll eat everything the greedy bun! :lol:
Now to tidying her cage

I always think the main thing is to get given metacam for about five days after as she will be painfree and hopefully stuffing her face :)

Hope all goes well for Bella today. Will be thinking of you both. xx

Thankyou, I hate the waiting!

I always think the main thing is to get given metacam for about five days after as she will be painfree and hopefully stuffing her face :)

Yeah I think Binky had 7 days worth of metacam, feel like Bellas going to be more difficult though!

I am sure she'll be fine !! But it is understandable that you feel anxious, we all do when our Rabbits are having a GA.

I am sure she'll be fine !! But it is understandable that you feel anxious, we all do when our Rabbits are having a GA.

Thankyou, it is always a worry!
It was hard enough getting there/out with my anxiety so I'm glad I managed to do it for my girls

I whole heartedly trust Twickenham vets & I wouldn't have found them if I wasn't on this forum! I think you suggested them to me Jane!

Oooh just seen this!

Lots of good luck for Bella! I should think you would get at least 5 days Metacam, and a post op appointment.

Perhaps it's Liz who's doing the surgery? Fingers and paws all crossed x

Oooh just seen this!

Lots of good luck for Bella! I should think you would get at least 5 days Metacam, and a post op appointment.

Perhaps it's Liz who's doing the surgery? Fingers and paws all crossed x

Binky had 7 days worth of metacam & she didn't go back because everything dissolved as it should, they said unless we've got a problem they're fine - though of course of there is a problem I'll be rushing her straight back!

I'm not sure who it is, she seemed lovely though...waiting for that phone call!x

I think I got 7 days with Doughnut and antibiotics and fibreflex. Your vets sound good anyway which should lessen your worries. Doughnut had outside stitches, not sure why but they said they glued internally. She had them taken out a week later and had nibbled a few.

I think I got 7 days with Doughnut and antibiotics and fibreflex. Your vets sound good anyway which should lessen your worries. Doughnut had outside stitches, not sure why but they said they glued internally. She had them taken out a week later and had nibbled a few.

Binky straight out refused her metacam laced basil on day serve! :lol:
Bella fractured a toe when she was about 1 & had metacam for that, she loved it - though I'm sure she'll be less willing to take it now :lol:

It's so stressful, I'll never buy a rabbit again that needs to be spayed/neutered.
Unless of course I end up rescuing one from a bad situation or its from a rescue and is just too young to be neutered!

My luck Bella will pick or lick at her wound :lol: :roll:

Just had the phone call to say Bella is fine :love::love::love:
Get to pick her up at 5 & see her grumpy face :love:

ah that's good news. Doughnut loves metacam hates baytril though and I had to give it recently and she detected it mixed with her normal medicine metaclop and zantac. I normally put stuff she won't eat on a bit of Weetabix or banana. I have to give Doughnut infracol and she doesn't appear to notice the baytril in that, so a little bit of that mixed in may do the trick. I think rabbits can smell the baytril through other stuff!

ah that's good news. Doughnut loves metacam hates baytril though and I had to give it recently and she detected it mixed with her normal medicine metaclop and zantac. I normally put stuff she won't eat on a bit of Weetabix or banana. I have to give Doughnut infracol and she doesn't appear to notice the baytril in that, so a little bit of that mixed in may do the trick. I think rabbits can smell the baytril through other stuff!

Bella loves basil so I might have to make her a 'basil metacam sandwich' !

Lovely - great news!!

Thanks I can't wait to have her home!

Back